“popular and tasty brunch”
Review of Hell's Kitchen

Hell's Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Hell's Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 1,806 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Join your friends for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner or Drinks at Hell's Kitchen, an award-winning, chef-owned restaurant with unique but not fancy, interesting but not fussy damn good food. And don't miss The Minnesota Room, which celebrates Minnesota's wonders, richness, playfulness and curiosities in a most unusual way.
Batavia, Illinois
“popular and tasty brunch”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Good location, within walking distance of the downtown hotel district. We had been here five years ago and loved it, so we came back for seconds. There was a lengthy wait to be seated on this Saturday morning, so we sat at the bar.

The pecan cinnamon roll is a specialty, and is big enough to share. Yum.

The breakfast food is creative. I had never seen a breakfast quesadilla on any menu in my life, so I decided to order it. The chorizo was awesome. I did not partake in a breakfast cocktail although they looked inventive.

There was live music during our visit (a low-key two-man jazz band) which had the potential to add to the atmosphere but the stops and starts of their performance didn't add much value for my taste. There are some other shops and a bakery in the building above this basement restaurant in case you didn't get enough food at this great brunch place. Highly recommended!

• Visited August 2014

• Turkish first
San Diego, CA
“Super find”
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

Our bartender at the hotel recommended this super place. Brunch was an hour wait (make reservations) but we sat at the bar and had great full service. Delightful live music and wonderful food. My husband loved the walleye hash. Service was exceptional.

Visited August 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Ham and pear crisp - best sandwich ever!”
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

This is not a fine dining restaurant, it is a casual sandwich and burger joint, which was exactly what we were looking for.

Four of us dined here on a Monday night. I had the Ham and pear crisp sandwich and have to say it was probably the best sandwich I have ever had. I do love a ham and cheese, but rarely have one for dinner. The pear with the combination of cheeses with the ham was soooo good!

I don't remember what everyone else had, but I do know they all enjoyed their choices.

The prices were reasonable and the atmosphere casual.

We brought home some of their famous peanut butter, which is also very good.

If I even happen to be back in Minneapolis I would most certainly go back for the Ham and Pear Crisp sandwich.

Visited August 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“PB&J and fried cheese curds”
Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

Great service, great location. Really good food concepts but follow through was mediocre. My Son had their PB&J made with their homemade peanut butter. We tried the fried cheese curds- Really tasty, better than Mozzerella sticks, But need some type of dipping sauce in my opinion. And I had their fish stew soup of the day. It was ehhhhh.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Third time...still great”
Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

Food was very good. Best cheese curds I've ever had. Service was average. Their version of the juicy Lucy ...juicy Lucifer was a decent attempt but still not as good as Matt's original. If you've never been to this place I would give it a shot.

1 Thank Ncbluedot