“Fantastic food - service not as awesome”

Ike's Food and Cocktails
Reserve with OpenTable
Ike's Food and Cocktails is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #81 of 1,843 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Nicolette Mall
Transit: Ike's is bracketed by two stations; Warehouse Dist/Henn Avenue Station (3 Blocks away) & the Nic Mall Station (1 Block away). Take Nic mall station, go south(away from the river if that helps) one block to 6th, take a right and we are down the block on the right side. Transit web site: http://metrotransit.org/rail/index.asp
Description: You’d swear this place has been around since the '40s. A bar commands the narrow room flanked by booths and tables. Servers in coats, bartenders in jackets yet with a casual air that screams welcome. American classics; juicy hand-formed burgers. Lunchtime, a carver chef slices fresh roast beef and roast turkey for sandwiches. Small plates span America’s history; supper club shrimp cocktail up-to-the-minute items as tuna tataki, fresh guacamole prepared table side, fresh spring rolls stuffed with rice noodles, shrimp and holy basil. “Big Plates”; Fillet Oscar, homemade meat loaf, pork prime rib, house smoked ribs, all can include soup, salad, bread and a basket of plastic-wrapped crackers, just like in the old days. Ike's has a serious bar, strong drinks, vintage cocktails and ice cream drinks a good selection of beers and wines by the glass. Ike's is one of downtown's favorite; retro booths, antique wood bar, with a supper-club feel.
Reviewed March 29, 2010

Stopped in at the airport location during a 3 hour layover, had the carvery club sandwhich (minus lettuce and tomato) the meat was extremely tender and quite tasty will definitely stop in to order this on my next MSP layover. After dinner when the check arrives a warm chocolate chip cookie was provided which was a nice touch.

The hostess waiting out front to seat you did not notice (or chose not to) me and then seemed thoroughly disinterested in seating me when I advised I did actually want to sit and eat. My waitress seemed equally distant but she was gone for long periods of time so perhaps she had quite a few tables to attend to.

In any rate the food totally outweighs any possible service issue and I would recommend grabbing lunch at the MSP airport location.

Reviewed January 26, 2010

Great atmosphere, great food. Some of the best chili I've ever had in my life.

Make a reservation for busy times, especially Sunday brunch (if you can).

Reviewed January 7, 2010

I love Ike's and drag friends and family here as much as I can. It is within a few blocks of the Target Center so good for DT events. Great American style food. Awesome cocktails. Try the margarita made with fresh orange and lime juice and tequila of your choice. Lots of beers on tap. I also love the Charlie's Cafe Exceptionale Sandwiches. Mini prime rib sandwiches. Lots of other small plate choices or dinner choices. Lobster corn dogs, hand cut friesn, fresh guacamole and chips, I could go on all day. My husband loves their burgers and they have many choices. I wish I worked downtown so I could eat here more!

They have a location at the airport also, which is not quite as good as downtown but the best food and drink I've found at MSP.

Reviewed November 21, 2009

Great people watching and good menu. I was visiting but a local told me Ike's is able to serve both the blue collar worker and the top business people and make them both happy.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed May 20, 2009

The juicy burgers are ground in-house and cooked to order. The fries are hot, thin, greasy, salty goodness. The atmosphere is laid back and just what we were looking for after a night at the orchestra. Nothing pretentious, nothing trendy, just good food in a casual atmosphere. An added charm: pint glasses overflowing with free Dum Dum lollipops line the four-sided bar.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook