“A wonderful evening”
Review of Restaurant Alma

Restaurant Alma
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Alma is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 1,807 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Transit: #6 Metro Transit Bus
Burlington IA
“A wonderful evening”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We truly enjoyed our evening at Restaurant Alma. The service was outstanding. Our server listened to us and had a great understanding of the menu. The dishes were all creative, I would never have thought of a celery root flan.

• Visited November 2013

Kansas City, Kansas
“Outstanding food, service, ambience”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Took a colleague and out-of-town guest here--probably my 3rd time here in 7 years. Proud to be able to have such outstanding Minnesota cuisine. One of us ordered the $50 tasting menu, and two of us ordered the $40 vegetarian tasting menu. For the omnivore menu, you order from about 4 options for each of the 3 courses. For the vegetarian menu, you order 3 options from about 6. All of the courses were savory--dessert was separate. All courses for all of us were excellent. The waiter helped us choose an amazing $37 bottle of wine. The pacing of the meal was amazing. One of us lingered over a course because we were chatting and the waiter asked if she could warm the dish again. So thoughtful, attentive, lacking in pretense, but all the quality of a high end restaurant that you would find anywhere. All around excellent quality. We were so full from the 3 courses that we couldn't even contemplate dessert. It was a beautiful evening and well worth the price.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank JoDp
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Anniversary Dinner”
Reviewed November 5, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

One of the top places to go for a romantic dinner in the city. Alex and his staff are fantastic front and back. Always have something interesting that keeps us coming back for more.

Visited August 2013
Elk River, Minnesota
“Go to spot for excellent food”
Reviewed November 4, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Restaurant Alma is fantastic. One of my top 5 favorite places in Minneapolis. The food is high quality and for $50 for a 3 course tasting, an excellent value as well. Service is always excellent as well. A great special occasion restaurant with a fantastic menu!

Visited October 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Atmosphere gets my vote even above the food”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I had been to Restaurant Alma with my husband perhaps 8 years ago and we never went back because we found the food too 'complex' and the waitperson too 'snooty' for our taste. However I went to Alma last week with a girlfriend and we had to sit at the bar because all tables were reserved. It turned out to be a lot of fun. The restaurant's space is very attractive with a cosy ambiance while having modern decor. Of course the conversation was an important aspect of this enjoyment but the waitperson behind the bar was outstanding: a young man in his early 20's, he really knew about the restaurant's wines, their menu and has a delightful personality to top it off. I ordered a la carte but when it turned out that the soup I ordered was cream-based and being lactose intolerant (at least to cream and ice cream) I had to choose another item, I was informed my two glasses of wine were gratis. That was unexpected and a lovely thing to do. I have to say that I don't recall anything really outstanding about the food but the wine was excellent. My friend had the 3 course dinner and selected 3 different meats and said they were all delicious and she was going to bring her husband to Restaurant Alma over the following weekend as the food was outstanding. I will attempt another visit with my husband after the fun and lovely time I had last week.

• Visited October 2013