“Anniversary Dinner” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurant Alma

Restaurant Alma
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Alma is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 1,778 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: University / Dinkytown
Cross street: 6th Avenue SE
Transit: #6 Metro Transit Bus
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Anniversary Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

One of the top places to go for a romantic dinner in the city. Alex and his staff are fantastic front and back. Always have something interesting that keeps us coming back for more.

Visited August 2013

Elk River, Minnesota
“Go to spot for excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Restaurant Alma is fantastic. One of my top 5 favorite places in Minneapolis. The food is high quality and for $50 for a 3 course tasting, an excellent value as well. Service is always excellent as well. A great special occasion restaurant with a fantastic menu!

Visited October 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Atmosphere gets my vote even above the food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I had been to Restaurant Alma with my husband perhaps 8 years ago and we never went back because we found the food too 'complex' and the waitperson too 'snooty' for our taste. However I went to Alma last week with a girlfriend and we had to sit at the bar because all tables were reserved. It turned out to be a lot of fun. The restaurant's space is very attractive with a cosy ambiance while having modern decor. Of course the conversation was an important aspect of this enjoyment but the waitperson behind the bar was outstanding: a young man in his early 20's, he really knew about the restaurant's wines, their menu and has a delightful personality to top it off. I ordered a la carte but when it turned out that the soup I ordered was cream-based and being lactose intolerant (at least to cream and ice cream) I had to choose another item, I was informed my two glasses of wine were gratis. That was unexpected and a lovely thing to do. I have to say that I don't recall anything really outstanding about the food but the wine was excellent. My friend had the 3 course dinner and selected 3 different meats and said they were all delicious and she was going to bring her husband to Restaurant Alma over the following weekend as the food was outstanding. I will attempt another visit with my husband after the fun and lovely time I had last week.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Janlett
Lake Oswego, Oregon
“Great dining experience with great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Took a business group to Alma's. It was a first time for each of us. Great atmosphere and friendly but not imposing service. The menu is a 3 course tasting menu with 5-6 choices each course. The choices were excellent and everyone was VERY happy with all their choices.

Highly recommended.......Make a reservation

• Visited October 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
“Wonderful, unique, special restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Not your average night out. Interesting space, staff, and food. Have had several great meals there. One night we showed up late celebrating our engagement. They bought us a split of champagne, served us a late dessert and celebrated with us. They really added to our special night. Thank You!

Visited July 2013