“Love this place”
Review of Zelo

Zelo
Reserve with OpenTable
Zelo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 1,823 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 9th
Description: At Zelo, we serve simple, fresh Italian cuisine made from local ingredients. Our handcrafted meals accompany a thoughtful, approachable wine selection. We believe dining is more than a menu: it is an experience, and ours is quality. When you’re our guest, our staff learn your name and remember your favorite glass of wine. We passionately commit to bring you the full dining experience – quality food and wine presented with welcoming service. Every meal. Every day. An enduring Minneapolis destination, Zelo was opened in 1999 by Rick Webb, a Minnesota restaurateur whose pursuits have set the standard in Twin Cities dining for over 40 years. Looking for another unparalleled dining experience in the south metro? Visit Rick Webb’s acclaimed Ciao Bella, the restaurant that inspired Zelo’s handcrafted food and dedicated service.
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Zelo is my favorite restaurant in Downtown Minneapolis. I love the dining room -- a great space with beautiful decor. The service is always exceptional.

I am also a huge fan of the menu. There are many great dishes, but the sea bass is the one I choose most often.

Zelo is my "go to" restaurant for special occasions.

There are newer reviews for Zelo

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Great atmosphere, great food, courteous, knowledgable wait staff. We went to eat before going to see "Wicked." We informed the staff that we needed to be done & on our way in time for the play. The staff had us ready to go with time to spare, and we had a leisurely, wonderful meal "to boot." The shrimp appetizer is "to die for."

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We stopped by this restaurant with mixed feelings based on liking the looks of it and concerned for some of the reviews here. Fortunately, we are aligned with the positive reviews: food, ambiance, service and decor were very good for us -- the place was crowded with locals but we had a short wait and it was worthwhile.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Two couples stopped in for an early dinner before the theater. Our waiter was great (and he was serving a group of 17 next to us). We all thorougly enjoyed our meals -- a caprese salad and pasta; walleye milanese; mussels and a grain salad; and a lovely mixed salad with tuna added to it. Very busy, but the service was great. Haven't been here for a bit, but we'll come back!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I had no expectations, did not research this restaurant. The drinks were a tad small on the pour side, but I loved the ambiance. Very nicely decorated. I was following the servers lead on entrees and she recommended highly the Pesto Encrusted Sea Bass. It was a 6 on a scale of 10. I am from Idaho and I expect more in large cities....no kidding the Sea Bass at 41 South in Sandpoint Idaho beats this place hands down. The Sea Bass was a tad mushy and slightly overdone. Salad was average, and she recommended that also. If I had a choice in Minneapolis I would either "settle" on Zelo or if it counts, or it needs to count, continue your search.

1  Thank GTrooper