“Great restaurant”
Review of Zelo

Zelo
Reserve with OpenTable
Zelo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 1,833 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 9th
Description: At Zelo, we serve simple, fresh Italian cuisine made from local ingredients. Our handcrafted meals accompany a thoughtful, approachable wine selection. We believe dining is more than a menu: it is an experience, and ours is quality. When you’re our guest, our staff learn your name and remember your favorite glass of wine. We passionately commit to bring you the full dining experience – quality food and wine presented with welcoming service. Every meal. Every day. An enduring Minneapolis destination, Zelo was opened in 1999 by Rick Webb, a Minnesota restaurateur whose pursuits have set the standard in Twin Cities dining for over 40 years. Looking for another unparalleled dining experience in the south metro? Visit Rick Webb’s acclaimed Ciao Bella, the restaurant that inspired Zelo’s handcrafted food and dedicated service.
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Chose Zelo based on the reviews here, and we were so pleased. Warm woods and colorful glass make for a pleasant ambience. Our waiter was friendly, attentive, and seemed to genuinely care about our experience. I had the BBQ chicken flatbread, and my husband had the lasagne. Both were very good. High-energy place, with lots of noise and lots of people. The decor is chic and interesting. Super place!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Good Italian menu and very good wine list. Pizza was perfect. The heirloom grain salad looked delicious on the menu but was really lacking flavor. Tortiglioni rossa needed a punch of heat. Service was excellent.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

About 12 of us had a great time drinking and eating at Zelo on Friday night (without a reservation). It's right near Nicolette Mall, and has indoor and outdoor dining. It is charming, older restaurant, with dark wood paneling. The wine list is on an iPad (a very clever idea). The foot is first rate. I had halibut, which was tastefully garnished and well prepared.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Hungry after a week of work, we went here early (4:45) on a Friday evening. We didn't have reservations and didn't even know if they were open, but we were warmly welcomed, and shown to a great spot near the open window. Our server, Sean, bore a strong resemblance to the actor James McAvoy in both looks and charm. Sean gave us great advice on the wine and food menus. We had the local tomato bruschetta, great salads, the local corn risotto with arugula and chipotle puree, and the lobster fettuccine with corn, tomato, and a pinot grigio chive butter sauce. By the time we left three hours later, the place was packed. Sean was still serving tables like he was born for this work, and we were making mental notes to come back here next time we visit Minneapolis. Highly recommend Zelo!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

After a lousy meal in a nearby restaurant my first night in Minneapolis, I was fortunate enough to find Zelo my second night. Too bad I won't be in town for a third; i would go back to Zelo. It's that good!

The ambiance is terrific, if a bit on the loud side. But they were packed when I visited so they get a pass for noise. The service was prompt, oh so friendly, but not overbearing. The waitress (sorry...SERVER) knew the menu inside-out and her level of service was nothing short of superb (and she was training a newbie, too).

Start with the bread: It is awesome. Piping hot and fresh. I'm not a big salad eater and salad is not included with entrees. But I ordered a Rocket Salad. It was incredible. There were so many flavors going on at once and they blended fantastically.

I seldom order lasagna but, for some reason, it sounded good to me. I loved it! And we're not talking about a skimpy portion. It was substantial. The portion of lasagna was so large that, combined with the salad and bread, I had no room for dessert (bummer). But I did cap off the meal with a cup of coffee and it was out-of-this-world.

All-in-all, a simply wonderful dining experience. Great food with possibly even better service. Not particularly cheap but not outrageous in 2013 America (inflation? what's that?).

In my opinion, you''ll be hard-pressed to find a more pleasurable dining experience. Kudos to Zelo!