“Expected more...”
Review of Zelo

Zelo
Reserve with OpenTable
Zelo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 1,820 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 9th
Description: At Zelo, we serve simple, fresh Italian cuisine made from local ingredients. Our handcrafted meals accompany a thoughtful, approachable wine selection. We believe dining is more than a menu: it is an experience, and ours is quality. When you’re our guest, our staff learn your name and remember your favorite glass of wine. We passionately commit to bring you the full dining experience – quality food and wine presented with welcoming service. Every meal. Every day. An enduring Minneapolis destination, Zelo was opened in 1999 by Rick Webb, a Minnesota restaurateur whose pursuits have set the standard in Twin Cities dining for over 40 years. Looking for another unparalleled dining experience in the south metro? Visit Rick Webb’s acclaimed Ciao Bella, the restaurant that inspired Zelo’s handcrafted food and dedicated service.
Merritt Island, Florida
“Expected more...”
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere was very loud...too loud. It was hard to hold a conversation at our table. The waiter sold us on the fact that everything was made from scratch and that made us eager to try the food. The calamari and Parmesan shrimp appetizers were amazing. The porter house pork chop was good based on one of our diners reviews. I had the sea bass and it had very little flavor. Would not order again. The pasta dishes were good but not great. I think it's a little pricey for what you get. Would go somewhere else next time I'm in town.

Visited September 2013

• Korean first
Irving, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb food, great service, enjoyable patio”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

After much indecision over where to eat, my husband and I snagged a patio table at Zelo; I am so glad we did. He had a margherita pizza, which was light and thin and delicious. I chose the fetuccine with chicken, lured in by the spinach/chicken combo, but fearing disappointment. I was so happy to have taken the chance, as it was the lightest white sauce I've ever had and the flavors were heavenly. We are often underwhelmed by Italian restaurants that weigh everything down with too much cheese, too much everything. This was proper Italian food; a delightful meal.

Visited June 2013
Alexandria, Minnesota
“Great spot for food, people watching and great drinks”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We wandered by the crowded places on Nicollet to find a treasure just a block away. A bit quieter still lots of character and interesting food. Grapefruit gimlet, a new taste was light and refreshing. Whole grain salad was amazing, light dressing and flavor galore. Hazelnut and plum cheesecake a delightful mix of flavors.

• Visited September 2013
Williams Bay, Wisconsin, United States
“Disappointed”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Menu selections was poor.

I had a linguini de mare, $24, said it had "tiger shrimp". Dish arrived and they were the tinniest shrimp I have ever seen. Looked and tasted like frozen shrimp from the supermarket. Overall flavor was bad.

My wife had "Pablo's homemade lasagna". Could not even finish it the taste was so bad.

Bruschetta was disappointing as well.

Would not recommend

• Visited August 2013
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Professional staff, fun atmosphere, all around classy good time”
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I had come as party of a small bachelorette party for a nice dinner out. Our table easily accommodated our group. We ordered a variety of cocktails- each one was unique and so delicious. I had the mushroom linguine for my entree and was very pleased, but even more so with tiramisu for dessert! Wow! Staff was professional and helpful.

• Visited August 2013