“Disappointed”
Review of Zelo

Zelo
Reserve with OpenTable
Zelo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 1,828 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 9th
Description: At Zelo, we serve simple, fresh Italian cuisine made from local ingredients. Our handcrafted meals accompany a thoughtful, approachable wine selection. We believe dining is more than a menu: it is an experience, and ours is quality. When you’re our guest, our staff learn your name and remember your favorite glass of wine. We passionately commit to bring you the full dining experience – quality food and wine presented with welcoming service. Every meal. Every day. An enduring Minneapolis destination, Zelo was opened in 1999 by Rick Webb, a Minnesota restaurateur whose pursuits have set the standard in Twin Cities dining for over 40 years. Looking for another unparalleled dining experience in the south metro? Visit Rick Webb’s acclaimed Ciao Bella, the restaurant that inspired Zelo’s handcrafted food and dedicated service.
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Menu selections was poor.

I had a linguini de mare, $24, said it had "tiger shrimp". Dish arrived and they were the tinniest shrimp I have ever seen. Looked and tasted like frozen shrimp from the supermarket. Overall flavor was bad.

My wife had "Pablo's homemade lasagna". Could not even finish it the taste was so bad.

Bruschetta was disappointing as well.

Would not recommend

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I had come as party of a small bachelorette party for a nice dinner out. Our table easily accommodated our group. We ordered a variety of cocktails- each one was unique and so delicious. I had the mushroom linguine for my entree and was very pleased, but even more so with tiramisu for dessert! Wow! Staff was professional and helpful.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Visiting Minneapolis on a family holiday and finding ourselves in Nicollet Mall we chanced upon this delightful restaurant. Stunningly designed interior (originally for an upmarket fur shop), the lighting is low and this maintains the atmosphere. The staff were very child friendly, knowledgeable about the food and attentive. The food was more than a cut above and presented in just the right quantity. We were all impressed with the food - my (made on the premises) pasta and seafood was delicious. I don't expect you to be disappointed.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We're visiting from the Boston area and stopped at Zelo's based upon reviews and had a fantastic dinner. Wonderful ambiance and fantastic food. I had one of the best lasagnas that I've ever had and my fiance had a wonderful risotto. Our server, Shawnah, was absolutely fantastic and provided us with a bunch of other restaurants/bars to visit. We're actually planning on heading back there again based upon our experience.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Close to our W Hotel (bonus) a lovely restaurant that has some beautiful unconventional art, a mix or contemporary and antique decor. We prefer the more intimate side with a booth, but it is very close to a staff-station so it is not without action.
Have enjoyed many a tasty meal here all nicely presented, and cooked as per our requirements. The ahi tuna appetizer or entrée
are both delicious. (Wasabi trimming is quite spicey, not for all tastes)
Lunches on the outdoor patio allows for some great food as well as people watching. A long bar completes this delightful spot where both food and service are excellent.