“Good food, nice restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Zelo

Zelo
Reserve with OpenTable
Zelo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 1,794 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 9th
Description: At Zelo, we serve simple, fresh Italian cuisine made from local ingredients. Our handcrafted meals accompany a thoughtful, approachable wine selection. We believe dining is more than a menu: it is an experience, and ours is quality. When you’re our guest, our staff learn your name and remember your favorite glass of wine. We passionately commit to bring you the full dining experience – quality food and wine presented with welcoming service. Every meal. Every day. An enduring Minneapolis destination, Zelo was opened in 1999 by Rick Webb, a Minnesota restaurateur whose pursuits have set the standard in Twin Cities dining for over 40 years. Looking for another unparalleled dining experience in the south metro? Visit Rick Webb’s acclaimed Ciao Bella, the restaurant that inspired Zelo’s handcrafted food and dedicated service.
Ontario
“Good food, nice restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

The restaurant is nicely decorated. The appetizers were excellent, the food was good. The layout allows for privacy and discussions. The wine recommended to be paired with the food was not the best, but overall it was a good experience.

• Visited April 2013

• Korean first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“great experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

I took my stepdaughter here for dinner before a performance at the Orpheum. What a welcome experience after many of my recent dining experiences. The service was very good (not "snooty", as I had feared). The food was delicious, and the ambiance is also very nice. I will DEFINITELY go back!

• Visited April 2013
Kingston, Canada
“Varied menu that goes beyond Italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

This restaurant is able to serve the needs of diverse groups of people, whether there for an evening out, as part of a group of friends, or for a causal business meal. The menu is varied and there are choices that should satisfy all within a group. Everyone in our small group found the food to be well flavoured and prepared. Prices were a bit high but I have learned to expect this in downtown locations.

• Visited June 2012
“Great Classic Italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

Great Italian food with unique high quality offerings. The staff is very knowledgable and attentive. The menu is always consistently good with top quality ingredients. My fave is the chicken spinach fettuccini as well as the various appetizer plates. You can't go wrong with anything. Try it you will keep coming back.

Visited January 2013
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Was great for sharing!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

Went on a double date here. The food was really good- had butternut squash ravioli (yum but maybe a little too rich for me), a flatbreat (maybe my fav), ahi tuna crisps (delightfully light and delicious) and whatever their version of friend shrimp was which I was not crazy about- however, I am not a huge fried foods person and everyone else seemed to love them. Our waitress was sweet, prompt, and put up with our shenanigans. I'd definitely go back next time I'm in town.

Visited April 2013