“Good enough”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Zelo

Zelo
Reserve with OpenTable
Zelo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 1,793 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 9th
Description: At Zelo, we serve simple, fresh Italian cuisine made from local ingredients. Our handcrafted meals accompany a thoughtful, approachable wine selection. We believe dining is more than a menu: it is an experience, and ours is quality. When you’re our guest, our staff learn your name and remember your favorite glass of wine. We passionately commit to bring you the full dining experience – quality food and wine presented with welcoming service. Every meal. Every day. An enduring Minneapolis destination, Zelo was opened in 1999 by Rick Webb, a Minnesota restaurateur whose pursuits have set the standard in Twin Cities dining for over 40 years. Looking for another unparalleled dining experience in the south metro? Visit Rick Webb’s acclaimed Ciao Bella, the restaurant that inspired Zelo’s handcrafted food and dedicated service.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good enough”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Went there for a business dinner - they put us right at the entrance to the kitchen, so waiters literally kept tripping over us for the whole meal (why is there a big table right there!?), and also it was rather loud. Our waiter was nice and tried enough, but was over-descriptive and it seemed to take forever for him to read off the specials, to the point that it was getting kind of awkward. The food was pretty good but not spectacular. Prices were a bit on the high side. If I'm paying that much, I'd rather go elsewhere, honestly. This place sort of felt like an independent Cheesecake Factory, in terms of decor and ambiance.

• Korean first
Atlanta
“Great place for business dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

I really liked this place. They have good food, great atmosphere, downtown location, and wide selection on the menu. The waiter was initially attentive and a professional, but he was seated with two larger parties back to back and we didn't see him until it was time to get the check...my only complaint and the only thing holding me back from a 5 star rating.

Texas
“Zelo's Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

I went to Zelo's on November 29th 2012 while on a business trip. It was recommended by the hotel bar manager.

This place is awesome!

As a starter I had the lemongrass crab cakes with lump crab, vanilla, avocado. Sounded a little odd but was awesome! Best crap cakes I can remember.

For a main meal I had the walleye milanese with mashed potatoes and marinated tomatoes. I have never had walleye ans wasn't real sure about it. As it turns out this may have been the best, if not defiently one of the best, fish dishes I have ever had. It was cooker perfectly and every, lite and flaky.

The environment was great and the service was awesome.

To top if off Zelo's is on the parade route for holidazel which which really cool!

Check out Zelo's at http://www.zelomn.com/

Check out the Holidazel parade which runs every night for 3 weeks at http://www.holidazzle.com/

Bengaluru, India
“Great ambience and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

I had a great dinner while @ Mnpls in Oct. We were a group of 5, and we got good seats right next to the large windows, with a view to the street outside. The host was very helpfull in helping us decide. And his suggestions were bang on target. The restaurant does get noisy later in the evening, but that just shows its popularity. I would love to go there on my next v isit to Mnpls again.

• Visited October 2012
Maryland
“Alway a good bet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

I go to this restaurant at least once every time I am in Minneapolis. This time I took a friend who turned out to be very fussy about her food. She sent one dish back because she smelled garlic and berated the waiter for not letting her know that it would contain the ingredient. The waiter handled the complaint with the most professional demeanor and went out of his way to attempt to please my friend. The flatbread the we did eat was really wonderful and the desserts were outstanding. My only disappointment was the lack of risotto on the menu that evening. It is my must have. I would continue to recommend this outstanding restaurant.

Visited November 2012