“Delicious dinner”
Review of Zelo

Zelo
Reserve with OpenTable
Zelo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 1,808 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 9th
Description: At Zelo, we serve simple, fresh Italian cuisine made from local ingredients. Our handcrafted meals accompany a thoughtful, approachable wine selection. We believe dining is more than a menu: it is an experience, and ours is quality. When you’re our guest, our staff learn your name and remember your favorite glass of wine. We passionately commit to bring you the full dining experience – quality food and wine presented with welcoming service. Every meal. Every day. An enduring Minneapolis destination, Zelo was opened in 1999 by Rick Webb, a Minnesota restaurateur whose pursuits have set the standard in Twin Cities dining for over 40 years. Looking for another unparalleled dining experience in the south metro? Visit Rick Webb’s acclaimed Ciao Bella, the restaurant that inspired Zelo’s handcrafted food and dedicated service.
United States
“Delicious dinner”
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Was in MSP for a conference. Ate at Zelo the last night in town with colleagues. I split the 22 oz. bone in rib eye with a colleague, and boy was it dee-lish!! Also shared the large Bacon & Blue salad. Very good service, friendly server, and overall good experience on my last night in MSP. Would say that off all the meals I had, Zelo was by far the best!

• Korean first
Calgary
“good service, great ambience, excellent food at wonderful price”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

this is a very large restaurant divided nicely into smaller areas..has the nice white tablecloths without the prices that usually come with these! The menu is varied, the vegetarian and gluten-free choices are clearly depicted, the food comes quickly, is delicious and good portions. We shared the salad with hearts of palm, avocado and bib lettuce...one large salad gave two large sharing salads. I had the small spaghetti and there was plenty, my friend had the marguerita pizza...really large....both were very tasty and well presented. The parmesan was offered (and we didn't mind that it came in a bowl) and the pepper was offered too (even tho there is a salt and pepper shaker on the table). Dessert was nice...we had the gelato sampler. The price is the best part....excellent food and service for a really good price.

• Visited October 2012
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
“If you're strolling down in Nicolette Mall, this is one of your best options!”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Nice Sidewalk Seating in Nicolette Mall, Excellent Salads, To Die for thin crust Pizzas, Food is very well presented, and if the weather is nice you'll enjoy de view outside!!!

• Visited July 2012
Denver, Colorado
“Flexible Option”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Overall, this was a very flexible restaurant - you can go in casual clothes or nice clothes and be comfortable. You can go find cheaper options on the menu or go with a full entree.

It was the perfect restaurant to go to after an afternoon at the Walker. My husband had a Pizza and I had the Pork Chop. Both were good, although the Pork Chop was huge. The bread was awesome (although I did have to ask for it).

• Visited September 2012
Stillwater, Minnesota
“All around negative experience”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Met friends at Zelo's based upon my wife's suggestion. Her sister loves it. Yada, yada. Well, I have gone to football games that weren't as noisy. That's for starters. I ordered the fettucine with chicken. Everyone ordered a different dish. Mine arrives and it looked like the chef hadn't learned a thing about presentation. But, the worse was yet to come. The pasta was rubbery and at the same time dried out (I assume from sitting under the heatlamps for too long). The chicken might just as well have been tofu. It was the whitest most tasteless piece of chicken I have ever eaten. We had to nearly tackle the waiter to get his attention to get my meal replaced. I then ordered lasagna which only proved that Zelo's is no Italian restaurant. Overpriced and arrogant service. Why go? Pazza Luna in St. Paul is a good alternative.

• Visited October 2012