“They are the best! No reason to go any place else!”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 1,817 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House in Minneapolis, MN serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.
Coon Rapids, Minnesota
“They are the best! No reason to go any place else!”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

If you are looking for a fabulous meal and excellent customer service in a nice quiet setting, this is the place to be! We have tried Manny's (too loud), Sven's (service and food can't compare), and Murray's (Butterknife steak to stalty) and keep coming back to Ruth's as our favorite. Their ranch dressing is the best of any restaurant. I wish they would sell it as I would buy it! The best ranch dressing I've ever had! The steaks are always done to order and come out so hot with sizzling butter. The barbecue shrimp is amazing! It's a white wine buttery barbecue sauce with shrimp and mashed potatoes. We like to dip our buttered bread into the sauce. The chocolate explosion and chocolate sin cake are the 2 best chocolate desserts I've had from any restaurant. With Ruth's you can go as expensive or cheap as you want. Portions are made to share. You can go all out and order ala cart or order their supper affordable options. We personally split a salad, each get an entree and then split a dessert and we are full. Jesse, Bjorn and Ryan are the 3 best servers there imo. They take customer service to a whole new level. They are so friendly and make your exerpience amazing. In all of our trips there we have only had 1 bad server. He had salt and pepper hair and combs it all the way back. He is very knowledgable in wine, but his personality isn't worth putting up with him through the meal. We will never let him service again after how he treated us. If we wouldn't have had the awesome servers that we have had before, we would have been turned off by him. Since we know how great the other servers are, we keep coming back. Gena the GM can always be seen walking around and asking people how everything is. She is a real gem! The staff at Ruth's always handle any issue you have. On New Years Eve there was no heat in the woman's bathroom and the hostess checked back after I told her to let me know they were fixing it. Also on New Years Eve it was freezing outside and Jesse our server ran our valet ticket out for us. Our car was warming up outside restaurant when we were ready to leave. Its that extra mile they always go that keeps us going back. They treat us like family..so how can you go wrong? We will be seeing them for Valentines Day and our 10 year wedding anniversary in March!

• Visited December 2013
RuthsChrisMpls, General Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write! We love having you in and we will make sure that you always have your favorite servers!
Gena

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Excellent Food - Overpriced”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have been to Ruth's Chris on a few occasions for business but decided to take a friend on New Year's Eve. As usual, the food was excellent. The service (server and hostess/greeter) was excellent. No complaints. I just feel the prices are quite on the high side especially since everything is a la carte. I'll probably return sometime in the future, but I'm sure I can get a similar meal for 2 for $50 less.

• Visited December 2013
RuthsChrisMpls, General Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for dining with us and for the nice compliments! We'd love to have you back in again soon. We do offer 3 course dinners for $42.95 that are a huge hit with our guests.
Thanks again and Happy 2014!!
Rosemount, Minnesota, United States
“A Perfect Place to Celebrate One's Anniversary and Welcome in the New Year”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This was our second visit to Ruth's Chris in Minneapolis and it was just as wonderful as the first. From the moment we walked in, we felt welcomed and special. As with our first experience, we were there to celebrate our wedding anniversary, which happens to fall on New Year's Eve. Our good friends joined us and together, we all felt very welcomed and celebrated.
Our steaks were cooked exactly to our specifications, the broiled shrimp was so flavorful.
They did treat us to dessert plates decorated to wish us Happy Anniversary and followed up with a bag of New Year's Eve party hats and horns for the rest of our evening.
It was truly one of the best nights out imaginable!

• Visited December 2013
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for dining with us and for sharing the kind words! We are so glad that your dinner was wonderful from top to bottom. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Gena & Team
Minneapolis, MN
“Just a teensy, barely, slightly less-than-perfect experience”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Perfection in a restaurant like this applies to the whole experience: food, service, atmosphere, and other, unnameable aspects. We've dined here before, and in the Chicago Ruth's Chris as well. When you spend at least $100 a person expectations are high. So the least teeny imperfection seems bigger than it really is, which is what we said afterward as we talked about our visit.

We were here for a birthday dinner. My companion was treating me, and we were here at Christmastime, and Ruth's Chris does a spectacular job: we were in a smaller room of six tables, well spaced apart yet wonderfully intimate. Just as in the main dining room, wreaths lit with small lights abound, and other lit garlands and seasonal decor is situated just so and done perfectly; nothing is cheap or overdone or blinking. In a built-in cabinet in this room was a three-FOOT tall wine glass (!) half-filled with Christmas balls -- we never knew wine "glasses" were made so large. The room's ceiling is painted with dining and barroom scenes a la 1890s-1920s or so and gives a European flair to the room.

My companion had for his cocktail a Broad Street Hurricane and liked it, and later a wonderful glass of cabernet. I had the Raspberry Rosemary Cosmos and found it a wonderful mix of flavors; it veered close to being a tad sweet but the lime juice and vodka pulled it back from crossing that line in every sip.

Our server never said her name, which was a bit of a surprise since it seems to add to the experience of the meal when you know this. She did ask us if we'd dined there before, which we had but it had been at least a couple of years so we hesitated. So she skipped describing the prix fixe meal and went right to taking our order. We would have appreciated her picking up on our hesitation and reviewing the meal option and telling us more. So just because a diner says s/he is familiar with something your establishment does, doesn't mean they can't use a refresher. She was very gracious otherwise.

Another little thing: We were a bit disappointed that all but one of the appetizers involved fish or shellfish, which my companion does not eat. And the only exception was of veal, something I won't eat given its origin. More variety, please?

My companion had a chopped salad, I had the Caeser, both fine and not huge, thank goodness. He had the rib eye steak, baked potato, and broccoli. I had the petite filet, hash browns -- I had to see what they did with this!, and broiled tomato. The meat was perfect, and the hash browns arrive as a huge patty big enough for four! Be advised. (They were great with my eggs this morning!) The tomato could have used some flavoring in addition to the butter that was brushed across the top, and was quite mushy as if a too-ripe tomato was used. Again, a small thing but noticeable.

We'd mentioned my birthday as we were initially seated and later as we were about to order our desserts, one of the hosts surprised me with a chocolate mousse cake, and berries in cream, with a teeny lit candle and the words Happy Birthday written in chocolate on the plate. (Thank heavens they do NOT sing happy birthday!) Although the cake was the size of a small cupcake, I defy even a chocoholic to finish it: it was almost fudge, it was so rich. The berries -- two raspberries, two blackberries, a few blueberries, and a couple of slices of perfect strawberries, sitting in the cream, cut the sweetness of the chocolate just perfectly. (Yes, they do charge for this but far less than their typical dessert.)

You can count on Ruth's Chris for a supreme dining experience because they pay attention to small yet important niceties that wouldn't even occur to other "good" restaurants: You know you're going to get new silverware for every course. That the white linen tablecloth will be cleaned between courses. That the wait staff doesn't play the "who ordered the __?" game but KNOWS who ordered it, then sweeps in to make room on the table for everything, quietly and efficiently so that you feel gently fussed over. That you don't get annoying questions that interrupt the meal, like "Is that ___ still good?" (Hint to servers at other places: if I'm still eating it, it's still good!) That they refill your water glass without making a production out of it. That they serve your meat on searingly hot (500 degrees) plates that keep your meat hot almost all the way through the meal. That they are delighted when you want to box up what's left, to take home. That as you walk the "aisles" between tables to the ladies room, the busperson or waiter coming toward you, even if s/he is holding a huge loaded tray overhead, will step aside and let YOU pass. Ahhhhh.... This attention to detail and aplomb is what sets Ruth's Chris apart. And it makes every penny worth it.

Earlier, when we arrived, most tables were empty. Two hours later, when we left, all tables and the bar were full, the waiting area was jammed, and there was a classy festivity in the buzz throughout the place. Despite the few small imperfections, I still refer to Ruth's Chris as among the highest in standards of the whole dining "experience". And I still give them 5 stars and will not hesitate to return -- hopefully in less than a year this time.

• Visited December 2013
RuthsChrisMpls, General Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thank you so much for dining with us and for the wonderful review! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Bloomington, Minnesota, Usa
“It's perfect. ”
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Great bar, staff, service and food. Our server Jeremiah was a gentleman he took time and made great suggestions. The ribeye was the best I ever had and the Brussel sprouts were perfect. Thanks for making our night out perfect!

RuthsChrisMpls, General Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for the kind words! I will be sure to share your compliments with Jeremyah and the rest of the Team.