“Great food and experience”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 1,800 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House in Minneapolis, MN serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.
San Diego, California
“Great food and experience”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I took my wife to Ruth's Chris Steak House for her birthday and we had a great experience. Her birthday conveniently coincides with restaurant week almost every year so we were able to experience the restaurant at quite a discount. The steak was cooked and seasoned excellently and the mashed potatoes were a good compliment. For desert we had a key lime cheesecake with chocolate pecan bark. It was delicious, although the cheesecake was quite soft - almost to the point of being a little "runny" in the middle. The wait staff was a good mix of being present whenever we needed them while not being intrusive.

We have been to several of the other top tier steak houses in the cities and this was our favorite. No complaints here.

• Visited October 2013
RuthsChrisMpls, General Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
We love hearing that you enjoyed your dinner. Thank you for making us your favorite steak house in the Twin Cities! We hope to have you back soon.

St. Paul, MN
“Consistently excellent from start to finish”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Ruth's Chris is definitely one of our favorite "go to" restaurants for an excellent dinner. We have celebrated many special occasions at Ruth's Chris and that alone speaks volumes. We are repeat customers who are consistently satisfied with the excellent food and service. The strip steaks are amazing, served very hot and juicy. Have enjoyed the filet as well, but prefer the juiciness and beefy flavor of the strip steak. The Caesar salad is perfect and all the sides are excellent, especially the creamed spinach. There is an impressive wine list and they serve excellent drinks, with quite an assortment of unique cocktails. Ruth's Chris is an upscale restaurant but one of the finest steakhouses here in the Twin Cities.

• Visited September 2013
RuthsChrisMpls, General Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful compliments and for continuing to dine with us at Ruth's! You are right on with the NY and the Caesar - my favorites as well. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Springboro, Ohio
“Not on par with top steakhouses”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This was my first visit to a Ruth's Chris and if this is representative, will never be back. The steak was not impressive, nor was anything else really. I don't mind paying $100 for a dinner, but do not wish to pay that kind of price for one that is worth $40. The waiter was not well organized and kept telling us "that will be extra" as if we could not read the menu. He belonged at a mid tier facility, e.g. App*****'s, based on his interactions and skill. It's been a long time since I felt a little bit ripped off from going to a restaurant, but that's how I felt.

Visited October 2013
Thank you so much for taking a moment to give feedback regarding your dinner. I am so sorry that your experience wasn't amazing. I would be pleased to discuss the evening if you are inclined to contact me at the restaurant. Again, thank you for the valuable comments.
Pound, Wisconsin
“Tenderloin not up to expected standards”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I was expecting a juicy steak and was disappointed.  My tenderloin, ordered medium, was medium in the center but dry and medium well on the edges.   It was well seasoned and most of it was tender, but not as juicy as I expected except in the center of the cut.  For a premium steak house, I would expect every bite to be juicy.  I ordered a lobster tail to go with my steak which was cooked perfectly.  One of my party's tenderloin had gristle on the edge he could not chew. In fact, he had to discreetly deposit that bite into a tissue.   Tenderloin does not usually have fat on the edges or gristle.    The green beans were more hot and raw instead of cooked tender-crisp.  The mashed potatoes didn't have much flavor. Service was excellent and the fixed price menu was a good value.  We figured out that the fixed price menu (salad, entree, side and dessert) was the same price as an alacarte entree and salad. Based on the disappointing steak, especially since that is the main reason for going to a steak house, I would not return.

• Visited September 2013
RuthsChrisMpls, General Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
I'm so sorry to hear that you didn't have a perfect filet! I would love to make it up to you. Please contact me at the restaurant when you are able to come back so that I can make arrangements for your evening.
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
“Yes...”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I have had the opertunity to go visit several Ruth's Chris Steakhouses and I think this was the best. Took my son and niece there while visiting them and hoped for a special and memorable time. We were not disappointed. The service was excellent. The atmosphere is classic. But the thing that will bring me back was the food. Great steaks and sides, try the sweet potato hash! Along with the food and service was a first class wine list. Can't wait to go there again.

Visited September 2013
RuthsChrisMpls, General Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful compliment! We're so glad that you enjoyed your evening and hope that you are able return soon!