“Excellent happy hour!”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 1,808 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House in Minneapolis, MN serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
“Excellent happy hour!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

We have been here several times for happy hour. Great pomegranate martini for $7. My husband and I usually split a filet from the dinner menu and a few sides. Excellent meal and drinks for a fraction of the price! They also have several happy hour food items on the menu all for $7!

RuthsChrisMpls, General Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Cheers to martinis and filets! Thank you!

Denver, Colorado
“Marvelous steakhouse”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My wife's family and I ate at Ruth's Chris in December and really enjoyed our experience. Our waiter had a dry sense of humor and made the dinner entertaining. As noted on here, their steaks and entrees are not cheap, but you are paying for a good meal and experience. I'm not aware of another steakhouse that brings you your steak on a 500 degree plate with butter sizzling on it. They had no problem getting myself and another member of our party new plates with butter halfway through our meal. Sides were tasty, although I wouldn't choose the shoestring fries again, as they were almost too thinly sliced. The tables were just a shade too close together but not a huge deal. I would definitely return to this restaurant and other Ruth Chris's around the country.

• Visited December 2012
Thank you so much for the kind review. We look forward to seeing you again!
Boonton, New Jersey
“Solid steak house, good happy hour”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

RC's is in the lobby of my office building. We stop in frequently for happy hour with very good snacks & drinks. Occasionally in for dinner on business as well. Very solid steaks and fish. All the sides are great. Very good service.

Visited November 2012
Thank you for the great comments! Cheers!
Minnesota
“This is not fine dining”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I had been looking forward to eating here with a gift card I received for doing a great job at work. So we packed up our older teens and headed downtown to Minneapolis for what we thought was going to be a night of fine dining. But we were not very happy with how things turned out.

First of all, the Vikings were playing the Packers. What relevance does this have to a restaurant review you may ask? In almost every case the answer should be none. Yet this seemed to play front and center to the entire night's experience. Ruth's Chris has a bar attached to the "fine dining" section. And this pretty much proved to ruin any thoughts of having a really nice night out. Every score, every good play, and every bad call caused loud cheers, yelling, or groans and grunts from the bar area. Each time the Vikings scored several of the men at other tables would immediately sprint from their seat to run into the bar. Honestly if I wanted to watch the game I would have gone to a bar. I thought I was going to a fine dining establishment.

The steaks we ordered were very good. Not outstanding but they were good. And my son ordered shrimp which he really liked. But the lobster bisque soup I ordered was not very good. And the asparagus came with some sort of sauce they called hollandaise. It was cold, bitter, and not something you could stomach. So this place seems to only have the steak down to a science.

The service was attentive - that is when they weren't watching the game. The entire wait staff was congregated in or near the bar most of the time we were there. When they came back to the table they were very friendly and professional. But to see the entire wait staff in an establishment like this just watching tv and ignoring the tables was something I'd call unacceptable. You had to wait until they broke away from watching the game if you had something you needed.

I wouldn't return here. For the price you pay it falls far below expectations. And frankly the food just isn't worth it, nor is the atmosphere.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank avman67
Roseville
“Good food”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Great food good service, always friendly and never feel like you are being shoved out for a celeb and by the way there are celebs here all the time.

Visited October 2012