“Unique and wonderful food!”
Review of Pierre's Bistro - CLOSED

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Penn Avenue
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I really enjoy going to Pierre's Bistro because the resaturant is a relaxing atmosphere and the food is very good. I have tried different entrees, salads, appitizers and desserts. My favorite entree is the walleye. The Bistro salad is wonderful and the Warm Chololate cake is moist with a soft center. I still love this place, the price is right and the portions are generous. No wonder, Pierre's Bistro has been in business for nearly 20 years!!!

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Pierres Bistro is "The Destination" for an original French Dining experience. The food is prepared by Pierre who was born and raised in France each night. The restaurant is small and quaint giving you the feeling like you are in France and the food is excellent. My Duck Confit was moist and delicious and my wife's Roasted Chicken with Capers tasted excellent as well. When it comes to desserts you could close your eyes and point to something on the dessert menu and be very happy with it. I had the Profiteroles and shared the creme brulee and both were to die for.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I've been coming here for a couple years now and the food and service continues to exceed my expectations. He recently changed his menu and made some very good choices. The seafood pasta and duck confit that he kept on the menu still taste delightful and I'm excited to try some new items that were added. The service and the experience were wonderful and I highly recommend this place to anyone!

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Unfortunately, Pierre's has gone down hill lately. The food used to be much better than it is now. My favorite dishes, both of the duck dishes, are no longer what they used to be. The duck thigh cooked with a honey glaze is no longer on the menu, which is a pity because it was truly one of the best duck dishes I have ever eaten, and the duck confit is now dry and bland. I've eaten a lot of duck confit before and I know that good duck confit should have crispy skin and tender meat after it has been cooked in it's own fat. The duck confit at Pierre's had neither of those qualities, plus the side mushrooms were too salty. The steak was average, as was the seafood pasta. If you want good seafood pasta, I recommend Bucca's Fruit de Mare. Desserts were horrible, do not order any of their desserts. The chocolate cake thing was a little too dense. It seemed to be a bad version of a molten lava cake. The creme brule was good, but nothing special. And the almond tart was so small that I could have eaten it in one bite, and it was dry. I have a feeling, the chef has changed because I used to eat here a lot and there have been a few unexpected changes to the menu and the taste of the food. Oh! And when we asked for an extra plate, we were charged for a split charge! Asking for an extra plate is not the same as asking for a dish to be split.

1  Thank nemo91591
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My husband and I were going to go to Broder's Pasta Bar across the street (a staple of ours), but then passed by Pierre's on our way to park the car. After parking we decided to walk in and check out the menu. Looked good, so we stayed. BEST decision!!! The service was excellent -- super polite and attentive, yet not overly so. We sat on the patio and pretended we were in Paris. It was SUCH a lovely night, with delicious French Onion Soup, Lamb Chop ($5 on happy hour!), Mushroom Crostini (also $5!), and $3 house wine glasses. We also split an extremely tasty and pretty salad that had a pear marinated in red wine. We will DEFINITELY be back!