“Melt in your mouth awesomeness”
Review of Matt's Bar

Matt's Bar
Ranked #26 of 1,800 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Melt in your mouth awesomeness”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Matts Juicy Lucy is yes, simple. No frills or thrills... But the burger is melt in your mouth awesome. My husband and I ate 2 Lucy's and a basket of fries and savored every minute. Best food after a long, hard work day paired with a beer. We'll be back- thanks Matt.

• Visited September 2013

“Loved the Jucy Lucy!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Saw this place on the Food channel and decided I'd make a point of stopping in next time I was in the area. Menu isn't huge, but the burger is amazing and the fries are to die for! This is an authentic diner burger. Greasy and full of flavor. And the cheese stuffing is awesome. Haven't gotten fries that good since I was a kid going to a local diner. Cooked to perfection. The decor is a cross between old bar and a diner. The walls are covered with awards and news articles. It is definitely worth checking out if you are in the area.

• Visited September 2013
St. Helena, California
“Juicy Lucy”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

At least once in your life you should eat a Juicy Lucy. It's the hamburger with molten cheese in the middle. Be aware, it's very hot and squirts out. Matt's is an experience in itself. Get a t-shirt to wear proudly.

Visited September 2013
New York City
“A decent burger”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We got to Matt's in the middle of a lull and were seated at the bar straight away. The staff were incredibly nice and helpful. We ordered Jucy Lucy's and shared an order of fries. It took a decent amount of time to get the food which is fine because they cook to order. If you are impatient waiting for fresh food cooked to order I have no use for you. We were duly warned about allowing our JL's to cool slightly, which we did. And it tasted good.
My only qualm is that my burger was salty, distractingly so, but my wife had no such problem for what it is worth.

Visited September 2013
Maitland, Florida
“A must try (once)...”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had been hearing a lot about the Jucy Lucy. There are two places that serve them in the area. We chose Matt's Bar. We are glad we went there and had their famous burger. Be prepared to wait in line to get a seat, and then to have a really long wait for the food. From what we could tell...They only had one waitress for the whole place, a busboy, and the bartender/cook. I was disappointed they only had coke in a can, and water with no ice, or tea in a bottle as well, of course, beer, etc. We only ordered the Jucy Lucy and my husband had a tea. I don't know about any of the other food as we had a big lunch elsewhere and went here for dinner with not much of an appetite.

• Visited August 2013