“The Staff Never Leaves. What Does That Tell You?”

Broders’ Pasta Bar
Ranked #41 of 1,828 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Since 1994 Broders' Pasta Bar has been serving house made and quality imported pastas and risottos, focusing both on Italian regional traditions as well as seasonal & local ingredients. We source from Midwest farms, when possible, and grow vegetables in our own parking lot garden (weather permitting, of course!) but really, it's about the pasta. Located across W. 50th Street from Broders’ Cucina Italiana, the original deli and specialty food shop, Molly and Tom Broder opened the Pasta Bar - to cook the pasta they were selling the way it was meant to be: fresh, al dente, perfectly sauced and thoughtfully executed. Still, and always, family owned and operated, Broders' continually strives to serve great Italian food and wine from our corner in Southwest Minneapolis. We hope to welcome you, whether at the Cucina, Pasta Bar, or the newest addition, Terzo, our contemporary Italian restaurant & wine bar. Saluti!
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Broders is ah-mazing. It defines local, neighborhood restaurant. We no longer live in this neighborhood (boohoo), but we still destine ourselves in these woods to grab take out. The wait is long and the atmosphere is worth it--like the title says.. the staff never leave. Same faces for more than 10 years. Great place to work is a great place to eat. If the wait is too unbearable.. order take out. You'll be out of there in less than 10-15 minutes.

1  Thank stockgirl75

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I was in Edina for work, but Broder's feels like home. Every neighborhood would be fortunate to have a place like this. Great mix of families, friends and business associates enjoying home-made pasta with a smile on every face.

I'm still thinking about the pappardelle with eggplant and goat cheese a month later.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We love this place - the food is always amazing. Me and BF try and make it here a couple times a year and it's one of the best places to go for a special evening. During the summer you can sit on the patio which is really cute and romantic. They don't take reservations but you can call ahead which I would advise since this place is almost always busy. Just be ready to get a nice glass of wine and wait it out - it'll be worth it.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Broders is one of my favorite restaurants in the Twin Cities. It is a tiny restaurant that has a truly Italian feel. The wait can be a bit long if you go during peak times. However, they have a patio that is used exclusively for happy hour or people waiting for a table for dinner. When it is nice outside, the patio is an awesome place to sit and have a drink while you are waiting for a table. The menu at Broders changes frequently and always has fantastic options. I have never been disappointed!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

My husband brought me to Broder's for my birthday and invited our grown daughters and their significant others. The six of us were seated fairly quickly. We called ahead. (Calling ahead does not reserve a table but gets you a priority onceyou have arrived at the restaurant.) The food was fantastic as usual and our service was perfect. You do get a free dessert on your birthday complete with a lit candle. I love italian food but my husband is not a big fan. He is a fan of Broder's though.