“Excellent food, excellent service, excellent ambiance ”
Review of Capital Grille

Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Capital Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1,806 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 8th Street
Description: Rich mahogany, sumptuous leather and cool marble set the stage for incomparable dining in the Hennepin Theatre District. Just blocks from the Target Center, you’ll finddry aged beef that’s always right on the mark. No wonder Zagat Survey wrote, “awesome steaks served by the pros are the order of the day.”
“Excellent food, excellent service, excellent ambiance ”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

We hadn't stopped in here for a while given the number of newer places opening and closer to home, but we decided to come back after a 2 year hiatus. It was worth it. Service was very professional, responsive and friendly. Every dish was excellent--lobster pop overs, special Brussels sprout salad, lobster bisque, filet and hash browns. Our fabulous waiter read our mind and brought us a creme brûlée before we even asked (at no charge!). The waiter really knew his business about how to provide great service. We tried the summer wine pairing menu which was great.
We'll come back more often. Either the place has improved a lot or it just slipped our mind.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Best lunch ever!”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

For a birthday celebration, three of us gals took light rail downtown from our sleepy hamlet, St. Paul. While walking, we checked posted menus and the lobster rolls at Grille pulled us in. We were treated like royalty. By everyone. The lobster rolls and watermelon salad were perfect. And beautiful. Thank you Dave W., for making our celebration so much fun. And for the delicious complimentary dessert.

• Visited June 2014
Saipan, Mariana Islands
“my wife's choice”
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

We had lunch at the Capital just recently. Great service. I had aset lunch with a wonderful watermelon salad and the lobsterroll (a touch too much of pernod). My wife had the beef. A great lunch.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank IslandFolks
Richfield
“Expected better”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I entertained a few clients that had made the trip into town. We started with drinks and a couple crab cake appetizers which were very good. Unfortunately, my meal was less than stellar. Now, I know when visiting some smaller upscale steak restaurants, ordering a medium well steak gets you a look of distaste and a overdone dry steak. I had asked for a sirloin, medium well. My steak was over cooked and dry, definitely well done. There was a sauce on it that saved the meal, I guess. My clients said that their meals were good so I figured I'd not return the steak. As far as a business dinner goes it was OK, I just expected better.

• Visited May 2014
Minneapolis, MN
“Best Ever!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great ambiance, service and food! Celebrated a milestone birthday here with 20 people. Excellent on all levels!

Visited December 2013