“Great food, ambiance and drinks.”
Review of Capital Grille

Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Capital Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1,806 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 8th Street
Description: Rich mahogany, sumptuous leather and cool marble set the stage for incomparable dining in the Hennepin Theatre District. Just blocks from the Target Center, you’ll finddry aged beef that’s always right on the mark. No wonder Zagat Survey wrote, “awesome steaks served by the pros are the order of the day.”
London, United Kingdom
“Great food, ambiance and drinks.”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed this classic steak house restaurant. With a dark ambiance, good noise, prompt service, well concocted drinks and most of all wonderful steak, I was extremely pleased with my dining experience here (and it was a monday!). Despite prior comments, I really enjoyed the Kona-crusted steak. I thought the flavours worked well together. That said, there are plenty of traditional, non-rubbed steaks to chose from. My dining partners enjoyed the filet mignon (which was as-is). For a chain steak house, I was well pleased and thus would strongly recommend this spot for those seeking a steak house in central downtown Minneapolis.

• Visited July 2013

“Taste killer....”
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Why to make complicate and mix product that don't match ? Just to be "in" and sell them $40+ ??
I have been really disappointed trying to eat there. I choose the "Bone-In Kona Crusted Dry Aged Sirloin with Shallot Butter" and expected to have tender meat that you don't need a knife to cut... What i get was far from this, a piece of meat coated with crunchy kind of unknown spices. Tasteless meat that if it wasn't red I will have though I was eating a pork chop... Shallot butter was weird and so intense that it killed the rescaped meat taste....
A fact: I won't go back....

• Visited July 2013
Leawood, Kansas
“Classy joint”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

First time at a Capital Grille, and while it was very nice, I doubt I'd go back. Steaks were very good, and all the sides were delicious. Wine selection was overwhelming, but the wait staff was superb in their recommendations. Great place for an anniversary celebration, very intimate setting. Try it once. Prices are comparable to the way politicians speak of themselves.

• Visited June 2013
“Wow!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Literally the best steak I've had! Went here thinking "light". Decided on the porcini rubbed Delmonico instead: balsamic reduction au jus. Phenomenal!

• Visited June 2013
Mpls
“Good Food/Over Priced”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Food is very good, but not worth the price. We were seated in a table for two, they then seated two women right next to us, so close that if I stetched out my hand I could touch the woman next to me. There many other restaurants in the Twin cities with lower prices and just as good food and I don't appreciated having people so close we could hear everything they were saying.

• Visited July 2012