“Loved it!”
Review of Capital Grille

Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Capital Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1,833 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 8th Street
Description: Rich mahogany, sumptuous leather and cool marble set the stage for incomparable dining in the Hennepin Theatre District. Just blocks from the Target Center, you’ll finddry aged beef that’s always right on the mark. No wonder Zagat Survey wrote, “awesome steaks served by the pros are the order of the day.”
Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

Had the kona steak, it was fabulous, but the best part of my meal was the cheesecake!! Save room for dessert!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Solo-diner. Great oysters to start start off and a perfectly cooked filet with grilled asparagus for main course. Excellent wines by the glass. Expensive but worth the money. Impeccable service.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Last night at Capital Grille for my daughter's 8th birthday: this is our "go to" high end steakhouse in the Twin Cities for dinner with the kids (they are SO accommodating). And Capital grille is very welcoming to guest-brought wines, last night we had a fantastic '08 Checkerboard from my cellar with their cooked-to-perfection filet mignons, and an '03 Dom Perignon with their outrageously good cold seafood platter appetizer. Gracious service, a warm and clubby environment, fantastic food. 5 stars!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I am not fully certain what the basis is behind the bias many trip advisor reviewers have against chain restaurants. Yes, some chains certainly lose magic as they get too big, but other chains are large chains because the idea and quality are so good that multiple locations are needed to meet demand.

This chain is outstanding from what I hear, and based on my experience at the Minneapolis location I completely agree. We emphasized the seafood as I was trying to get some family members to eat seafood at a quality restaurant. It did not disappoint. Stuffed shrimp, lobster, swordfish, salmon and so much more. We also all loved the bread and the chocolate dessert. This place is expensive, has decent (not stellar) ambiance, but service and food performed as expected at a first class restaurant. I will return.

I went on a weeknight and city traffic delayed my arrival, but the Grille accommodated me. However, though at near full capacity, there was a minimal wait at 6:30 on a Wednesday night. One downside was for a party of four they gave us a large, circular booth that was large enough to make it hard for the two party members furthest apart to hear each other in conversation. Most tables and booths likely would not have this problem, but this is not a quiet restaurant.

1  Thank hamptondragon
Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

Stopped here on our way back from Montana. Have eaten at the CG in Chicago and Orlando so decide to try Minneapolis. Wine List, food and service were all top notch as expected. Definitely will stop again