“Great pasty and very good pasties but thumbs down on the sausage rolls”
Review of Potter's Pasties

Potter's Pasties
Ranked #898 of 1,905 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: British
Description: This is the new bricks & mortar location of a food truck listed in Saint Paul.
Reviewed February 13, 2016 via mobile

This place was fun to visit! Not your typical take out and not a restaurant!! Really great pastry for their pasties and sausages. The sausage rolls aren't true sausage rolls so we would pass on those. They are just ground beef and too spicy for my husband. We are really glad we found this odd place while we are staying in Minneapolis but we would not go out of our way to get another one. If we saw a truck out somewhere, we would stop and get a pasty tho! They have some very interesting sauces that are nice and spicy...I like spicy foods. Definitely get a pasty because they are full of homemade goodness!

Reviewed February 8, 2016

I've had the traditional (YUM!) and curry chicken roll (YUM!). The crust is flaky and chewy on the inside. The ingredients FRESH and popping with flavor. I will always eat a Potter's Pasty if I see the truck somewhere. Love it!

Reviewed September 27, 2015 via mobile

Discovered this gem through the U of M student newspaper. If you're looking for an authentic Cornish Pasty, but with culinary flare - then you MUST visit this restaurant. While its location leaves much to be desired (behind in the basement of a convenient store), the food and quality are off the charts. The Traditional Pasty is as good as you'll ever find in England. "The Pig" with pulled pork and apples might be one of the more amazing things I've eaten. Expect culinary fireworks to go off in your mouth at this place.

Reviewed September 20, 2015

In fairness, we ate at the food truck at a Minnesota United Game. Perfect crust--sturdy enough to hold the goods, yet flaky. The traditional (beef, potatoes, carrots, rosemary gravy) is out of this world, and truly a 5-star pasty. The Thai Veg, while pleasing to me, was not enjoyed by my typically-Thai-loving companion. Service at the food truck was unbearably slow, with only one guy working the truck. Still, it was worth the wait, and I would order every single thing on the menu. Oh--and at $9 a pasty (which are hearty and filling), it's a stadium snack bargain.

Reviewed January 28, 2015

This little take-out eatery is in the basement at the back of a building. Be persistent in trying to find it because it's worth it.

The cook serves up tasty, hot, home-made savory pasties and rolls, each stuffed with tender meat and vegetables. If you can't wait, there's a table in the corner but this is really a take-out.

Definitely drop by and grab anything on the menu.