“Great tapas and a nice wine selection”
Review of Rincon 38

Rincon 38
Reserve with OpenTable
Rincon 38 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #117 of 1,828 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We (party of three) sat at the bar in this quaint restaurant on a Monday evening and had a wonderful assortment of creative dishes that we shared. There was a great wine selection and the staff was very helpful with guiding us in our choices on both wine and food. The sangria looked wonderful and I'm definately going to try that next time. There is just a really nice feel to the place and I would highly recommend it.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

We visited Rincon 38 during Sunday's happy hour. It is a small cozy place which has great tapas and sangria. We ordered a variety of tapas from the happy hour menu and from the regular menu and the food was really good. Everything tasted amazingly. I strongly recommend this spot.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Party of 5 on a Sunday afternoon, maybe 12 other folks in the restaurant. We brought a bottle of champagne to celebrate our daughter's completing her pre dissertation classes for her doctorate. I kept trying to remember why I had sworn to never go back to this place. Service was reasonable attentive, but uncoordinated. Hostess announced that notwithstanding that we were also ordering a bottle of good wine, there would be $15 corkage for the champagne. Sobeit. The menu is largely comprised of tapas, however the name of each of the items seems to be determined by the tiny bits of whatever it is that gives the tapas a little flavor, e.g., the octopus has maybe 3 small pieces of grilled octopus---the rest is just some filler that they throw into it. None of the food was particularly good and I say this based upon my experience crawling the many tapas joints in San Sebastian, Spain, no doubt a venue that would run Rincon 38 out of town on a rail. Tapa'ing all off, it wasn't particularly cheap. The place gives one the sense that the restaurant is there to make as much money off of its customers as they can and they really don't care beyond that. If I ever get invited to go again, my wife promises to remind me of this experience. I really can't understand why anyone would go to this place.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

We met some friends at Rincon 38 to celebrate a birthday -- we were there early-ish (6) on a Sunday, and there were about 10 of us. The staff was very accommodating, helpful, and friendly, especially for our large group. Everyone raved about their dishes and how delicious they were. My fiance and I shared the cauliflower (lightly breaded and dusted with saffron) and the setas (sauteed mushrooms with asparagus, artichokes, peppers and onions) -- so tasty! The sangria was light and refreshing, not too strong. I can't wait to go back and try more of the tapas dishes on their menu.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I've been to Rincon 38 twice now, and both times have been a treat. The place tends to get noisy at capacity, so it's not exactly a romantic spot, but bring some friends, enjoy lively conversation and share some tapas. The cannoli (lobster) is a best seller but not as overpowering as you might think. The scallops are by far my favorite, and the queso frito and ibiza were the other favorites on the table for our most recent visit. And I don't care where the chocolate torte comes from - it is the perfect dessert. Definitely recommended.