“Best Place for Donuts”

Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Place for Donuts”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you're visiting the cities and have a craving for sweets, this is the place to be!
An excellent assortment of donuts and a fun place to visit. Good coffee too!
Also, they have Coke in bottles and stay open till 1am on Thursday-Saturday.

Store Hours:
Monday – Wednesday 7am–9pm
Thursday – Saturday 7am–1am
Sunday 7am–3pm

• Visited April 2013

Winnipeg, Canada
“Decent”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We had an OK experience here. We had a raspberry doughnut and a salted caramel doughnut. I thought that the raspberry was really good, but we were not overly impressed with the salted caramel doughnut. If you pay by credit card you have to use their iPad terminal, which we didn't mind, but then you had to e-mail yourself a receipt which we found annoying. I don't know why they can't buy a printer to print your receipt. This really has to slow down the line when people have to type in their e-mail address. I would return, but I would not be rushing here.

Roseville, Minnesota
“worth a visit”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

First let me say, I love donuts, I mean really love donuts so I may be a tougher critic then most. I saw this place on a Friday night after eating at a local restaurant. First impression was "wow" what a great space! It looks like the perfect place to bring the kids or come with friends and just hang out, very welcoming and big enough that you wouldn't feel cramped anywhere. Another A+ is the staff, friendly patient and knowledgeable about their products. For me a great staff can really make a place, especially a new one. Donuts were good but not great. Great selection even at night and great flavor combinations but the actual main donut part part was blah.... in all fairness it was nighttime. All in all, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend trying it.

Minneapolis
“Mmmmmmm”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

For a place that opened recently they are a great success. I was impressed that at 8pm on a Saturday night they had almost every donut they offer available. There were about 20 people ahead of us in line but they have enough patient employees to answer questions and we were at the counter in about 10 minutes. The two owners were working the cash register.

We ordered a dozen donuts $25 (half a dozen is $13.50) and they were put into too large of a box. It easily could have held two dozen. And yes they had paper on the donuts to protect them that we had to peel off.

FEMME FATALE * fresh raspberry curd & vanilla icing (filled) B+
DARK ANGEL * vanilla bean cream & chocolate icing (filled) A
MISFIT * orange, ginger & cinnamon infused glaze (raised) B+
GLAM DOLL * signature donut (raised) B
DARLING * chocolate or vanilla icing & sprinkles (cake) B+
SCREAM QUEEN * chocolate & caramelized bacon (cake) A
PINUP GIRL * apple bourbon (available with or without bacon) (fritter)
B+

My complaint is that they could have more filling in the Dark Angel. That vanilla bean cream is awesome but there was only a small amount. And the fritter needs more apple. In all fairness I say that about all fritters, but it really does.

The staff is helpful and friendly and the owners too. I wish them a prosperous business because we will be back.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Karsko
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“Pretty fantastic”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stopped in after some friends raved about the place. What looks like a small place is actually more expansive on the inside than what it looks. Pretty cool decor, bright and colorful with good music playing. We ordered 4 different donuts including a maple bacon, raspberry filled, St. Patrick's day special, and the salted caramel chocolate. All were really good! Grabbed some coffee too that was good. Overall, a cool place to grab a donut and relax for a bit. Not as eclectic and crazy as something like VooDoo donuts in Portland but cool nonetheless. We will be going back.