“Steak and much more”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Porto Alegre, RS
“Steak and much more”
Reviewed August 30, 2014

Just 10 minutes by taxi from downtown you couls find a very pleasant restaurant. Pizzas downstairs.
Good service. Good wines. Steaks made in a northamerican way, a little bit dry in appearance but juice inside. Ask for dumplings . Steak prices by weight.

• Visited June 2014

Shoreview, Minnesota
“A new favorite!”
Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

This is my new favorite restaurant! I went on a Tuesday with a work group, and was so thrilled with it, I had to bring the family the next weekend. This is actually two restaurants, one on the main floor and the pizza restaurant downstairs. The beauty of the restaurants is that in both, you can order from either menu. The food may arrive at slightly different times, but this was not a problem. I had the Pesto di pollo pizza which was wonderful. But my favorite dish was the side of grilled button mushrooms with bacon. Hands down the best mushrooms I have had. My son had the hangar steak which was also excellent. Both times I ate in the main restaurant and the ambience was nice. I would like to try the downstairs restaurant also.

Visited July 2014
minneapolis
“Great food, service was spotty”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

We chose this place to celebrate a birthday on a Sunday night. The place was busy but not packed, lots of empty tables in our area. We loved the variety of price and selection on the menu and heard very good reports on this place. We were a group of 4 foodies and would definitely return, the food was amazing. The hostesses confused us a little... one checked us in then ran off to check on something. The other came and checked us in again. Then the first one came back and seated us after a few minutes.

We started off with cocktails and shareables - the funghi pizza, broiled prawns app and schupfnudel dumplings. They were all pretty amazing - pizza had great flavor, esp the char on the crust. Prawns were huge and piquant. And the dumplings were amazing albeit a little too salty.

We then ordered our entrees - this is where service started getting spotty. Our server was very helpful with all our questions and helped us make our decisions - lamb, steak and burger. The lamb and steak were perfectly done, although 1 came out before everything else. A few minutes later the rest arrived. I'm wondering if I got the wrong burger - I'd requested between medium+ with grilled onions. The one I got was very well-done and had no onions. The food was delivered by other servers and our's never returned to check on us. We had to flag her down to get the onions, then she never returned again until dessert time. Once we ordered desserts, she didn't stick around long enough to see if we wanted coffee, which we did. I'd seen that she was talking with management and was very concerned/distracted about something. It turned out to be a large group coming in later. But she pretty much ignored us after our entrees were ordered. As previously stated, it wasn't that busy. I hope they have more servers when it is.

Ok... all that being said, we had a wonderful supper and we all highly recommend this place. The food was amazing and all the other service was spot on. We usually tip 20%+, but this one got no more than 15% - although we did tip in cash to prevent her losing money from the new minimum wage charges on credit cards.

• Visited August 2014
“Best Meal!”
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Excellent steaks! If you love steak but not traditional steakhouses this is for you! Lots of choice-- grade, cut, and size! Wonderful salads and sides. Great service!

san diego
“Best steak (so far) in Minneapolis.”
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Crowded and noisy, but the ribeye steak for two is out of this world. Juiciest steak I ever had. Didn't go to the downstairs pizzeria.

• Visited December 2013