“Nice atmosphere, good food”

Burch Steak & Pizza Bar
Ranked #59 of 1,800 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Nice atmosphere, good food”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

My friend and I went here on a spring evening. I tried the small portion of the flatiron steak and the schupfnudel dumplings. I enjoyed the dumplings. The middle of the steak was cooked as ordered (medium-rare), but the ends were overcooked. We enjoyed the wine. I would like to return to try the pizza bar also.

• Visited May 2013

Minneapolis
“Brilliant Birthday Bash”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

My family treated me to Burch on my birthday, a first time visit for most of us. I had a fantastic spearfish dish, those with steaks loved them, and everyone raved about the dumplings. The service seemed more personal and doting than The 112 and the flavors a bit more brilliant. Overall, a wonderful evening.

• Visited December 2013
“Great night out”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

We visited this for the 1st time on a Saturday night and the place was very happening. If you do not mind a loud and busy place this is a good choice. We were out with some friends and were looking for a fun spot and the place did not disappoint. Food was great, I had the steak and it was done perfectly. I highly recommend the lamb dumplings. Service was a little slow and they did forget our side dish but our waitress made up for it by bringing dessert for the entire table.

Visited November 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“The best meal I've had in...maybe ever!”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I'm surprised I hand't heard of this gem until yesterday and decided to check it out with some friends that very evening. Reservations were full and they do book the restaurant 100% so it may be quite a wait without a reservation. The restaurant is trendy and a little hipster, not snooty or too casual but a nice balance. I will start by saying I was not overly impressed with the service but the food was so good, I didn't even think about it. They have a nice cocktail menu and decent wine list, not intimidating but enough options to please all palletes. There are two menus, a pizza and contori menu as well as the steakhouse menu. Both are available throughout the restaurant. We started off with three of their famous dumplins...seminola, cheese and schupfnudel. Just WOW!! My favorite was the cheese but the other two were equally as delicious. The flavors so delicate and so original. The cheese dumpling was in a light lamb stroganaff sauce, it was one of the best flavor combinations I've ever tasted. For the main course, one of us ordered a pizza and the rest of us, small plates to share. We had shrimp, ahi tuna, lamb meatballs, butternut squash side and brussel sprout salad. I was amazed how they could perfect every small plate to a "T". The squash side was absolutely phenomenal, the best I've ever had anywere! Maple infused squash cubes are served over a creamy, sweet fig cheese and topped with just a sprinkle of delicate candied walnuts. I was tempted to order a 2nd dish of this! The other dishes were very scrumptious and special in their own way but the squash really stood out. We ended with flourless chocolate cake and truffles. I love this idea and I think every restaurant should this: For .25 each, you can order truffles in one of three flavors. No guilt, just a small, sweet treat to finish off the meal. We enjoyed the chili chocolate and were very excited to see that Burch is on the spicy chocolate wagon as we love this flavor combination but cannot find it often enough at restaurants! My friend who ordered the pizza said it was more of a thick style than he prefers and it was even a bit soggy. The pizzas are not thin crust, they are hearty and almost borderline deep dish. Overall, a superb culinary experience. We will return again and again!

• Visited November 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Best customer service and food experience in minneapolis”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Our group had set up a reservation for a dinner celebrating the end of a busy sales week. We had heard rave reviews about the restaurant and wanted to impress some of our counterparts who where in minneapolis from all over the country. Upon arriving and getting checked in we noticed how busy the place was, always good to see. A table was not immediately available when we checked in so our group went to the bar and ordered drinks. It was clearly a busy night and we could see the people dining were enjoying themselves. After waiting slightly longer than normal the manager, Jane, quickly came to us and assured us they were doing everything possible to open a table. The staff was overly apologetic as they cant control the times people choose to stay whether it is socially acceptable or not. Jane and her team went above and beyond the standard of service recovery and truly created an awesome dining experience for us. The food was amazing, the staff was so accomodating and this was honestly one of the best dining experiences we have had in minneapolis, we will 100% be back.

• Visited November 2013