“Good breakfast”
Review of HMS Host - CLOSED

HMS Host
Cuisines: American, French
Reviewed August 8, 2014

I stopped in for a sit down breakfast while waiting for a friend to arrive. The restaurant is located in a corner of the main terminal adjacent to Ike's. It is a counter order restaurant and they then bring your meal to the table. The wait was a bit long for an airport restaurant, about 15 minutes for a breakfast burrito. Their menu has organic and healthy food choices with natural beverages as well. How refreshing. My breakfast burrito was quite good with scrambled eggs, hash browns, black beans and a chipotle sour cream.
Other breakfast options looked good as well. I do not remember if gluten free options are available as I do not pay attention for that. Definitely a restaurant to check out if you are laying over in MSP.

Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

Upon arrival the waitresses we standing in a circle giggling. 10 minutes later, they brought me a menu. Similar wait again so I left. Wouldn't stop by unless you've got lots of time to spare.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Stopped for lunch between planes. Wow, what a surprise. Too good to be in an airport but glad it was there. Among the don't miss items were wild rice soup and beet salad. Both were great. Cold beer and great service. Only down side was you sit right in the atrium but it was fairly quiet at that time.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

This is truly a great time to travel as far as food is concerned since us travelers are no longer condemned to just bad fast food anymore. This café and bakery is separated into two sides: right side for sit-down full menu and the left side for take-out although there are seating available if you want to eat there however the full menu items are not offered on the left side. The right side also offers cocktails and wine as well as great Organic and vegetarian friendly menu. I had the Beet and Pear salad that was delicious and filling for only $11. It comes with some type of cheese so if you’re vegan then ask to hold the cheese. It’s the best meal I’ve had at an airport for a very affordable price. I couldn’t have been happier so I actually took the time to take a picture and post it. The salad comes with 2 slices of bread but I ate one before I thought about taking the picture. Whether or not you are a vegetarian or want to eat healthy, you can’t go wrong eating here when you have some time between flights. I wish this franchise would open at other airports like Atlanta since I am frequently there.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Now that most airlines have stopped serving meals en route, air travelers are left with a handful of imperfect alternatives. We can gobble bad, overpriced airport food; survive on energy bars; or wait until reaching our destination to really chow down. In the event of a long layover between connecting flights, we can forage for something better. But how often do we find it?

Earlier this month, we happened upon French Meadow Bakery & Cafe during a four-hour layover in Minneapolis. And while the word "organic" before nearly every item on the menu seemed a bit much, what we ordered became a veritable feast.

I -- blood sugar dropping -- started with a cup of restorative chicken-and-wild-rice soup. Then the three of us shared an excellent house salad. Our entrees -- tacos of blackened tilapia; a juicy bison burger; and a tuna melt with mouth-watering roasted potato wedges -- were all, in Lake Wobegon parlance, "above average." Ditto for the beers and wine ordered to accompany the food. Also, the takeout pecan pie bar was yummy on the plane.

While some, apparently, have experienced indifferent service here, our server doted on us -- like Dorothy at the Chatterbox Café. Here's hoping we have another opportunity, sooner rather than later, to travel via the Twin Cities.