“Blissful Burger”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Minnesota
“Blissful Burger”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

This establishment has the best burger in town! Service and promptness of delivering the food was great. The flavor of this burger is exceptional and in concert with the cheddar cheese, herb aioli and lettuce and tomato - it is superb. Coupled with delicious fries, cooked to perfection, and a delectable aioli - it is just enough to satisfy the meat lover in anyone. You may not be stuffed but you will definitely be satisfied with this blissful burger. We shared a pot de creme which was very good and enough for two. The atmosphere is very conducive to holding a conversation and the decor is subtle. Great place when you crave a great burger.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank sweetmnmama

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great small plates and burgers”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

This was the 3rd time my husband and I have been to Nightingale and we brought 2 other couples with us this time. The burgers are outstanding and they will prepare them to whatever degree of doneness you'd like. They came as ordered from rare to medium well. We often encounter problems with this in restaurants and Nightingale excels at "getting it right". We ordered a number of small plates to start: the olives & nuts (hazelnuts), octopus and steak tartare. All were lovely and I've learned to like octopus when it's prepared well. On other occasions we've had the mushroom bruschetta which is topped with a quail egg and the roasted romaine. Both excellent preparations. The service is top notch and our waitress was there when we needed her but not obtrusive or trying to rush us out on a busy Friday night. This is a great place for a small plate or a number of them or a burger or a plate of lovely pasta: Orecchiette with braised pork cheeks, roasted apples and matsutake mushrooms --yum!
We'll be back!

• Visited November 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Burger in Minneapolis”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I've been to the Nightingale three times - once with two friends, once with a group (about 15 people) for a birthday, and once with my mother when she was in town. All three times I had a pleasurable experience, but I don't think I'll be returning.

The first time I had dinner there, we shared the fresh ricotta bruschetta which, although tasty, was nothing to write home about. Then a friend and I each ordered the Nightingale burger and my other friend ordered the scallops. The burger was exceptional - as someone who rarely eats any meat at all and is very picky about exactly how I like it prepared, the Nightingale certainly deserves a tip of the hat for the perfect burger. The fries and herb aioli were also delicious, and I'd recommend it to anyone who is in town. The scallops, however, were simply not enough for the price. I'm not the type of person who ever expects huge plates of food and I completely understand that it is listed on the menu as a "plate" and not an "entree," but after we left, my friend hit up Chipotle for a burrito because he was still hungry.

The second time I went to the Nightingale was for two friends' birthdays, and I had the burger once again. The atmosphere was actually quite nice for the sized group that we had and the 21+ individuals enjoyed a few cocktails, but my only complaint is in regards to a misunderstanding with the waitstaff. We were there to celebrate two friends' birthdays, and my friend and I wanted to buy them dessert without their knowledge. We told our waitress which dessert to bring to which person and that was fine, but when we all began splitting the tab and getting our separate checks, the waitress put both desserts on one of the person's whose birthday it was. So he didn't say anything about it and paid for them before we realized what had happened, and that was a mistake on the part of the restaurant. Not a huge deal, but that kind of thing shouldn't really happen.

The third time I was there I brought my mother who was visiting the Twin Cities and we had a nice experience, but I had become a vegetarian since the last time I was there, and the vegetarian options on the menu are a little lacking. That is of course not a reflection on the quality of the restaurant, but something that should be noted and will steer me toward other restaurants in the area with more veg-friendly options.

Other than the confusion over the birthday dessert, the service has always been stellar and my water glass is always refilled 15 times over the course of the evening. The atmosphere in the restaurant is more of a trendy and chill lounge than that of a typical restaurant or bar, and I would recommend it to any non-vegetarians visiting the Twin Cities.

• Visited August 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
“Great tapas”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Fabulous drinks and great small plates. Big enough to share. Interesting enough for foodies but "usual" enough for food-phobes. Go, bring friends, enjoy!

Visited September 2013
saint paul
“Best mussels in Minneapolis”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We then had the special tacos, duck confit which were divine. They were beyond decadent. The mussels followed - and they were the highlight of the evening. The mussels were simply the best I've had in Minnesota. The roasted tomato broth was something that if I'd been in the privacy of my home, I'd have drunk straight out of the bowl. Nightingale also offers a brunch which I can't wait to try as I've heard they have the best bloody marys in the cities. If my sidecar, which was crafted by Bob the Bartender is any indication, I think I'll be set. Looking forward to more meals at Nightingale.This may have been the best meal I've had in Minneapolis to date. We started with the deviled eggs and a couple of sidecars.. The eggs were simply sublime. The quality of the eggs and the caviar was evident. Moved on to the wings and the mushroom flatbread. The wings were meaty and moist, with a great ginger,lemongrass and spicy sauce on them that had heat, but weren't overly spicy. The flatbread was crisp and simply. Wonderful mushrooms on top of a great bread.

• Visited August 2013