“This should get negative reviews..honestly”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Baja Sol Tortilla Grill
Ranked #1,276 of 1,806 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Mexican
Minnesota
“This should get negative reviews..honestly”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I wish i could rate this place negative 15. It is disgusting!!!!! I have been to a baja sol in CA and didnt think it was that GREAT, nothing to write home about at least... but the one in downtown minneapolis is just HORRIBLE. Me and my fiance were wanting to get mexican food during our lunch break and he wanted to try this place. (we love chipolte and qdoba so.. he was interested) I ordered a burrito bowl with steak, he orderd a steak burrito. We picked out our sauces and sat down with the free chips you get. The salsa's werent anything amazing.. actually had some weird flavors. (peach mango with chunky tomatoes? ew) My bowl actually LOOKED pretty good.. i took the first bite and it was just BLAH.. as i started to dig in more, there was just WAY to many black beans. The way they made the bowl was they layered it. Black beans, rice, meat and so on. The food quaility itself was just horrendous... The rice was like this gross spanish rice.. it didnt even blend well with the other ingredients in the bowl. the meat was gross and dry.. and it may as well have been called a bean bowl.. thats all there was in the bowl! everything tasted like it came out of a can or cardboard. honestly would have been better off going to taco bell.. there food quaility is 1,000 times better. I could not wipe the look of disgust off my face when i was eating and at one point i just couldnt finish it. My fiance felt the same way although he finished his. As i was eating there was some people who were standing in line to order there food and i wanted to just tell everyone to do themselves a favor and go to chipolte.. this place SUCKED. And the worst part of all you ask?? for one burrito and a burrito bowl we spend $21.00!!!!!!!!!! we could have had an amazingly good (and HUGE) burrito and burrito bowl at Chipolte and spend about $13.00!!! WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY! I HATE BAJA SOL!!!!

• Visited June 2013