“Can't wait to go back and bring my friends!”
Review of Mosaic Cafe - CLOSED

Mosaic Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We enjoyed heaping servings of delicious and healthy food outside on the attractive terrace of the Mosaic Cafe this evening. The "Moon Burger" was one of the best veggie burgers I've ever had (roasted veggies, black beans and brown rice), served with guacamole, lettuce, Muenster cheese, paper thin slices of jalapeño, and chili lime crema sauce on the side. The whole wheat bun did not disappoint! For an extra $2, I substituted the yummy Tuscan White Bean salad with roasted red peppers, sundried tomatoes, and Kalamata olives instead of the chips.
My husband had the generous Farmer's Market Salad, featuring maple-glazed walnuts, dried apricots, and goat cheese over mixed greens. We shared a half portion of the outstanding baked Rosemary and Garlic Fries, which was plenty. Any of the three beers on tap are the perfect accompaniment to these amazing fries! Our only disappointment was that we were too full to order the frozen custard, which looked incredible...
The restaurant takes its name from the beautiful mosaic mural on the patio side of the restaurant, which was done in collaboration with 4 Mexican artists, some Minnesota artists, and 200 community volunteers. The mosaic sets a festive tone for the patio, which is nicely landscaped with a bit of garden between two busy streets.

Our server was friendly and attentive, but a little overworked, or I'd give the service 5 stars!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Everything on the menu is great. Its a great place to take friends/colleagues who have sensitive or picky palates. They have vegan and gluten-free options, and it tastes great. my favorite is the turkey burger and the garden salad. Its the only salad I've every eaten that's almost as good as salads I make at home. But the best reason to go to mosaic is wine and garlic fries--which are amazing!! Happy eating!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

The rosemary french fries are fantastic and addictive. One order is enough for 3 - 4 people although the fries are so tasty that 2 people might devour an entire basket. The menu is imaginative and tasty. Everything's good. Service is friendly.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

The frozen custard is the real thing and very rich--try the Raspberry Truffle Sundae.. Best burgers in town, too, in my opinion--high quality beef, and they'll even cook them fairly rare if you ask, which is, ahem, rare these days.

Reviewed November 23, 2011

Let me start by saying that I have worked in the service industry for many years and always give a restaurant or cafe the benefit of the doubt. You can be having an off day, be really busy and forget things, even mess up my order, but it's the way you handle that which speaks volumes. Unfortunately for Glaciers, almost nothing spoke to the fact that they are in the business of serving good food.

During our visit today, my husband and I came in to a clean, empty cafe and the waitress, rather than wait until she finished her phone call to bring us some menus, decided to waive at me to come get them from her at the register where she could shove them at me then continue her conversation. This should have been our cue to leave, but as I said, I'm fair and give people the benefit of the doubt.

The menu was pretty blah so we considered leaving but decided to give it a shot anyways because we were so hungry. I wish we hadn't! My husband ordered a salad (a bowl of lettuce with diced tomatoes and unseasoned croutons) and their focaccia (so dry and hard it could have been used as body armor.) I ordered the nachos appetizer which ended up being a plate of bottom-of-the-bag chiplets with cheese, lettuce, and sour cream. No salsa, no onions, no flavor!

What's worse, it took us 20 minutes to receive our food with no sign of the waitress in between. Mind you, we were ALONE in the restaurant save for the waitress and the cook! That's a 1:1 ratio of staff to customers! She "checked" on us once while we were eating, not long enough for me to open my mouth and tell her what was wrong before she disappeared back into the kitchen. (I'm pretty sure all she heard was, "Well, I..)

We finished what we could stand of our food (hey, we were hungry!) and waited. Waited. Waited for her to resurface and when she didn't, I found her and asked politely if we could have our check. She verbally read me the total (no check) and held out her hand for my credit card, which once she swiped it was flung back at me on the counter into a puddle of something sticky.

I stared at her as I wiped it off and wrote a smaller-than-usual but still-undeserved tip on the receipt, then left in silence. Needless to say, we won't be returning !