“Great Wurst”

Ranked #213 of 1,905 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: German
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch
Description: New Bohemia Wurst and Bier House is the transformation of a traditional bier hall into what we like to call the "New American Craft Bier Hall" pouring 36 of the finest local and International Craft beers in the country. New Bohemia features over 24 different all natural sausages made from whole cuts of meat, no artificial flavoring, and zero nitrates. Our sausages are made right here in Minnesota. Buns and pretzels made by hand in the traditional German style. Fries are hand-cut everyday and all sauces, mustards and topping are made fresh in every restaurant.
Reviewed May 8, 2015

A friend suggested we meet here when I asked to try someplace new for lunch. I arrived at 11:45 on a week day and had the place pretty much to myself, at least at first.

When you come in you are faced with a large chalk board highlighting your choices everything from bratwurst and beef franks to vegetarian, Italian, smoked antelope and yak sausages. Prices are around $6 for the classics and $8 for the exotics. Note: not a place for a non-meat eater.

You order at the counter, take your number and head to the long communal tables reminiscent of a Bavarian beer hall.

I ordered the lunch special. For around $10 you get a wurst with two toppings,side dish and a house beer (or soft drink). In my case I tried the Italian Wurst with onions and peppers with fries and a Mexican Cola. It was a delicious and satisfying lunch. My only gripe was that there buns aren't able to hold up to the hearty sausages and toppings so things can get a bit messy so be sure to grab some extra napkins.

Note also, parking is street only so you may have to walk a bit from your street spot but again, on a weekday there was plenty of parking nearby.

Bottom line, unique, good value and tasty and not busy at all for lunch.

Reviewed March 29, 2015 via mobile

We want for the Sparty game, but we're delighted with the variety sausages, toppings and beer options. I would also recommend the Wasabi side sauce with the fries.

Reviewed March 22, 2015

If you like hot dogs and brats this if the place to be. It can get very crowded and loud later in the evening

Reviewed February 9, 2015

It was just way too expensive for my boyfriend and I. $20 for literally 2 brats was a lot and the place reminded me of a Nazi camp. It was dead too. We were the only ones in there.

Reviewed January 6, 2015

If you like to drink non-standard, craft type beers, this is the place to go. Great indoor/outdoor experience and the food was excellent too!