“The best way to see Minneapolis!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Fit Tourist

The Fit Tourist
Ranked #11 of 25 Tours in Minneapolis
More attraction details
Owner description: The Fit Tourist provides guided biking and walking tours around the Minneapolis area.Learn about Twin City history and culture while exploring the extensive bike trail systems. Bikes and helmets are provided for you. Come see why we are one of the top biking cities in the country.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“The best way to see Minneapolis!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This was the first thing my husband and I did when we moved to Minneapolis and what a great way it was to learn about our new city. Stephanie was fantastic! She was extremely friendly, knowledgeable and truly provided a unique experience. We loved this tour so much we went on it again when family was in town visiting. The bike tour with Stephanie is truly a must while in Minneapolis!

Visited July 2013

Fargo, North Dakota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best way to explore the best sites Minneapolis has to offer!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My wife,3 boys ages19-11&myself were guided by Stephanie, owner/operator of The Fit Tourist bicycle tours.The bikes provided were new Treck7000 trail bikes which were easy to ride,were light and maneuverable with an upright position which was comfortable to all of us and much appreciated by my medically manipulated back.
In a bit over 2.5 hrs.our guide not only showed but gave us an interesting history of the exploration of St.Anthony Falls of the Mississippi River and the milling & logging industries which gave rise to Mpls.-St.Paul,Mn.While traveling some of the most beautiful riverside bike-pedestrian paths and downtown bike paths it is no wonder Minneapolis has been chosen eby Bicycling Magazine as one of the most bike- friendly cities in the USA.We rode at a very comfortable pace while stopping to view and learn about the beautiful buildings,parks,sculptures and visual highlights of Mpls.
The bike paths crossed over the Mississippi on wide bridges and went along historic neighborhoods.The bike friendly downtown on-street paths were well maintained and traffic was not a concern as the bike lines are truly separated from any traffic.
Anyone in normal shape from 10-80+ yrs. who can ride a bicycle could do this trip.I bike a little,(once a week);my wife twice a simmer,our oldest son prefers the family car,my younger guys bike to school just to let you see you need not be a Greg Lemmond or anything.
Bottom line:This trip is a winner.You will bike some of the best bike paths existent with a friendly and knowledgeable guide on excellent equipment and will see the beautiful city of Minneapolis from ground level.We will be doing a bike ride with Stephanie again,my crew can't wait!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank StormyLntz1965
Southern California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Best way to see Minneapolis!”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stephanie gave my husband and I the best tour of Minneapolis! As it turned out, we had a private tour, since we were the only 2 for that particular time slot! Stephanie is very personable and a fount of knowledge. She also knows which roads to take to avoid traffic, etc. She showed us many sights that we would never had thought to look for--one memorable one was the location where the River Rats conduct a free waterski show on Thursday nights--as a result of the tour, we enjoyed that show the next day. The bikes were in great shape, helmets, water, baskets provided--everything you need. A bike tour is the best way to see a city--much more up close and personal, easier to hear than on a bus, exercise and fresh air, less costly, and green--what more can you ask for!

Visited August 2012