“Best Thai ever”

Naviya's Thai Brasseire
Ranked #324 of 1,843 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Just ate at Naviya's the other night. I think this is the best Thai food I have had to date. If you order it hot, it will be HOT, so I would recommend starting with a 2 or 3 rating for the first time. We will be back!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We recently decided to try Naviya's for the first time, despite living in Linden Hills since May. We had just come from a movie and decided it would be nicer (lazier?!) to get takeout and walk home. Upon entering, the atmosphere was inviting and fairly busy. This was understandable, considering it was 7:30 on a Saturday night. The decor is simple and the menu straightforward. The appetizers had quite a few spring roll choices as well as the typical cream cheese wanton option. There were soups/salads, entree options and noodle dishes. We were unsure about portion sizes, so I asked a couple waiting for their takeout order. So kind and friendly, they explained they usually split a curry entree and order an appetizer. Coincidentally, we had decided on the red curry as well. The gentleman patron informed me that if you select scallops with your entree, you only get four; he encouraged the shrimp as you get a bit more. Regardless, we had already decided we wanted scallops - and in addition to the curry, ordered a shrimp spring roll. Our order was ready in about 20 minutes - reasonable, given the fact that they had a pretty full house and were constantly putting out takeout orders. Next time, we will definitely call ahead. Once home, we both agreed the curry was delicious. Lots of basil flavor - the curry also was cooked with cauliflower, mushroom and bamboo. It was definitely spicy - but the hotter the better for my taste. On a follow up note - do I think 4 scallops for a $17 entree is on the light side? Not really...maybe? It would be nice to perhaps get 1 - 2 more. The spring rolls, $7 (I think?) in my opinion, were good - but I only ate a half of mine. It tasted more like a Chinese egg roll and I prefer fresh options to the fried variety. My boyfriend happily ate them :) They were served with a spicy duck sauce - very tasty. We will definitely order again - I am interested in trying more on their delicious, diverse menu. Oh yes - the staff was very friendly and considerate!