“Small portions”

Cuisines: Swedish
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: It is the new Cafe inside the American Swedish Institute
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Good food however very small portions. 4 small meatballs per serving. Great wait staff in an open aire setting.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Incredible deserts. Wonderful rolls, and many Swedish specialities. This place can be very busy on weekends.

HINT - if you'd just like to get some deserts, you can go to the counter and buy them there, without waiting for a table.

Strongly recommend combining with a visit to the American Swedish Institute - really a big, beautiful former mansion connected by indoor walkway with the restaurant and gift shop.

1  Thank Seniordad
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We ate dinner on a Wednesday night at FIKA while visiting Minneapolis. We wanted to try some of the Swedish dishes and were not disappointed. The meat balls were delicious and the sauces that accompanied the dish were unusual and delicious. The green salads and desserts were also very very good. We tried the Surprise Wines and both were excellent. Portion sizes are just right so recommend trying a starter or toast along with the entree and don't miss dessert.
The outdoor patio/courtyard is very nice. The restaurant is decorated in whites with contemporary furniture. An added bonus is free parking in the adjacent lot and the interesting gift shop in the building. I'd highly recommend trying FIKA.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I'd heard great things about Fika and every last word was true. My meatballs were, in a word, divine. Order a light plate so you'll have room for dessert! Bakery items are available, but the apple cake with wild rice granola and buckwheat honey ice cream is to-die-for-delicious. I know it may sound like an unusual combination, but it was absolutely out of this world.

The cafe stops serving meals at 3pm, so plan accordingly! You'll want time for dessert :-) And the Art Institute/Turnblad Museum are not to be missed, whether you are Swedish-American or not!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

While on vacation in Minnesota we decided to try this restaurant and was pleasantly surprised. The Swedish meatballs tasted fantastic. My background is Swedish and they tasted just like the meatballs my grandma would make. The food presentation was good. The decor is modern. The wait staff was efficient but not very pleasant. I wondered if they liked their job. We also had dessert and the chocolate torte my husband had was wonderful. My cardamon roll was a little dry. Also got these two chocolate round balls of delight. Not sure what they were exactly but they were wonderful. The green tea was great. The server told me that if I wanted more than two glasses of tea I had to pay for another brand new tea. That was kind of sad. Portions were moderate but quality exceptional.