“Fun, excellent food. Charming decor”
Review of Pig & Fiddle - CLOSED

Pig & Fiddle
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Fun, warm atmostphere. Busy when we ere there. Reasonably priced. Some of the foods are very different. I think their version of a pulled pork sandwich is the best I have ever had.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I was sent to the Pig and Fiddle to try a local beer by a co-worker. As I had nothing better to do I struck up a conversation with some of the friendly folks in the pub and took thier advice to stick around for dinner. The food is very traditionally pub fare focused, but it is executed well. I was tempted by the Rabbit (a dinner's recomendation) but went with the Pork Shank Confiet. I started with a little Belgian Frites and a Golden Beet salad. Home run all the way through, excpet it was so good that I over ate. I really enjoyed the atomsphere and the the lively, welcoming crowd. If I end up back in the area, this is definitely on my list.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

The beer list is what brought us here, and it is as impressive as we'd been told. The food was good but hit-or-miss. Of the four diners, two had excellent food, one was good, and the fourth was just OK; not a huge menu to choose from. Comfortable enough space, although not fancy in any way. Attentive service. You'll probably have to park in the free ramp up the street, as there appears to be no street parking or dedicated lot. Edina is very safe to walk in, so don't worry if you have to walk a block or two.

Wish they were open for lunch! Right now it is dinner only. Worth a visit.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We tried this place because of a Groupon and we were very pleasantly surprised.
Luckily we had a reservation because a couple that just walked in before us was told of a 50 minute wait.
We were seated within minutes and our attentive server Cody was a great help with a good personality.
We ordered our drinks that were good. The house wine should be avoided and grab a better glass.

We ordered a Bavarian pretzel with beer cheese dipping sauce as a shared app. It was really good soft and chewy and the cheese sauce was well prepared.
We just ordered sandwiches this evening but we were not disappointed. The burger was ground fresh that day and had a terrific homemade bacon tomato mayo with a fried egg top. Great flavor and cooked as ordered. The SLOPPY PIG sandwich was slow-cooked pork, mashed potatoes, pickled red onion, potato chips on a great bun. Both sandwiches came with a choice of mashed or French fried potatoes or a house salad. All were great.
This place is definitely repeatable

Reviewed March 9, 2013

The beer choices are excellent and the bartenders very knowledgeable of the products. The prices are a bit high, even for this area of The Twin Cities. Food selections can be unique and the bar food pricey.
Stick to a few limited beers of choice and have dinner nearby.