“Pleasantly surprised with British and American mix of food”

George and the Dragon
Ranked #28 of 1,851 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: New British pub in Minneapolis
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We had to wait a little while to be seated so we shopped around the neighborhood and returned a little after our table would have been ready, but when we returned 30 minutes later our hostess greeted me warmly by name though the entryway was busy. Our server was equally friendly; overall the staff was wonderful. The food was great as well - all three of us enjoyed our meals. The pretzel bread they serve before the food arrives is refreshingly different from standard bread baskets, and our beer-battered cheese curd appetizer was also very good. After my first visit I have already been back more than once and plan to go more in the future!

Reviewed August 8, 2014

We found George and the Dragon online while driving to Minneapolis, reviews were favorable and the menu was intriguing. The suggestion of making a reservation should be followed! We did not make a reservation and waited about 35 minutes (on a Friday night, not bad). We passed the time easily with the cool shops in the area. Also be warned that the neighborhood is all on street parking.

With that said... service was top notch. Menu was incredibly diverse. We settled on the lumpia for an appetizer, my son ordered the curry and I went for the fish and chips. We were not disappointed! The lumpia and curry were filled with flavor, while the fish and chips was not overly greasy. The tartar sauce appeared to be made in house and was very flavorful. For dessert we each order a strawberry sundae. Again, not disappointed. Loved that the topping was a fresh puree and not soupy strawberries. Outside of the the food, the atmosphere is cool and relaxing. Not too loud, so we could hold conversation without straining.

Highly recommend!

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Went to George and the dragon during a recent visit to Minneapolis. We found it by reading reviews on trip advisor and yelp. First of all, I would highly recommend making a reservation. The restaurant was very busy but we got there right on time and our table was ready and waiting. That's a bonus right there. Our server Rashard was very helpful and gave us some great recommendations. Loved the beans and the onion rings. Nice beer list and nice neighborhood atmosphere. Would definitely go back and try different items!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I love this place. It is the only restaurant where I will order a burger.
The food & beverage is top notch. Very friendly staff. Highly recommend this neighborhood fave.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I have eaten at this restaurant for lunch, dinner and brunch. I have taken friends who have since become regulars. Pub atmosphere with locally raised foods and fresh food. from their salads to their entrees and desserts. Nice place to talk service very convivial.