Grand Rounds Scenic Byway
Greenwood, Indiana
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

We drove from one area to another because of the composition of our group and the amount of time we had to dedicate to it. All of the parks and lakes were beautiful - the only huge disappointment was Minnehaha Falls - looked like a pit. We were there in September after what I suspect was an extremely dry and hot summer - hence no water. We spent quite a bit of time at the Locks and Dam on the Miss River. So much to see. Some of our stops did not include concessions or food service (out of season, I guess) and the areas that had food offered seemed to be nice and attracted lots of people, even mid-week in September.

Visited September 2012

Minneapolis, Minnesota
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“I see a part of this every day.....one never tires of it's beauty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

This is my favorite fountain....I love it and am sad when it is down. Following the grand rounds has been a favorite way to introduce visittors to all the cities have to offer. Sometimes they are strangers I meet at a parade or in a store and in conversation am surprised to learn how little they have seen. Soon I am guiding them around this extraordinary park system we are blessed with. This is by far one of the easiest, safest and engaging system via car, bike, or on foot that exists in the country. It is indeed lovely.

Visited October 2012
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband and I biked here last weekend and thoroughly enjoyed the day. Most of it is flat, but we did find one section that split off (for bikers) and went down along the river. We stopped at Minnihaha Park and visited the gardens and falls. The only downfall is finding parking. We were going to park in the metered parking, but 75 cents was supposed to give us an hour and it only gave us 52 minutes, so we found a place to park in a nearby neighborhood for free and rode the two blocks to the trail. I don't mind paying to park, but the meters should by accurate and working properly and I didn't trust them.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank clschreiner
Minneapolis, Minnesota
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Biking through the Twin Cities”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Best biking in the Twin Cities. This is for the adventuresome folks who like to bike around lakes, through wooded areas in through the city.

1 Thank Sandy H
minneapolis
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 179 helpful votes
“Best bike tour in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

I've also bladed this trail... it's beautiful, great way to spend a day outdoors and people watch. One of the cities true gems!

Visited June 2012