“Surprisingly Cool”

and up
Minneapolis Riverwalk Food Tour
Ranked #6 of 220 things to do in Minneapolis
More attraction details
Owner description: Built into the ruins of what was once the world's largest flour mill, Mill City Museum is located on the historic Mississippi Riverfront. Here, visitors of all ages learn about the intertwined histories of the flour industry, the river, and the city of Minneapolis.
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I was surprised at how cool this museum was! I don't know what I expected - some boring placards about flour, maybe - but it was a lot of fun! The history of Minneapolis movie was hilarious. I took one of my former students to see it - he's from overseas - and he loved it so much he went back with his sister. The elevator ride is a must-do; you can really see the history of Mill City come alive. The view from the top of the building is, of course, fantastic; much better than the Guthrie's "Invisible Bridge," for my money, even though they're right next door to each other. The more traditional "museum" parts of the museum are slightly less exciting, but still, I think Mill City Museum is definitely worth a visit.

There are newer reviews for Mill City Museum

Reviewed January 14, 2014

This is a hidden Gem. I loved all the great history. I never new this part of town had developed so much in the past few years. I will be refering others to this hidden gem.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I took my grandsons to the Mill City Museum and we spent a wonderful afternoon in the museum. We watched the movie, toured the Betty Crocker kitchen, spent hours with the grandsons exploring the museum. They and I had a great time.

Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Very interesting loved the elevator tour. And ya got to go to the top and take pictures after which is really cool. I didn't even know all this had happened till I went

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Well worth a visit - interesting history and wonderful reuse of an old mill site to tell stories of the industry's impact and the lives of those who worked there.