“Awesome-you must go here while in Minneapolis!”

Angel Food Bakery & Coffee Bar
Ranked #2 of 37 Coffee & Tea in Minneapolis
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Discover Angel Food Bakery & Coffee Bar, a beautiful one-of-a-kind spot where you get to see bakers ice exquisite cupcakes, pull just-made breads out of the oven, and put the finishing touches on decadent donuts and other treats. Watch us in action 7 days a week in a street level spot just above Hell's Kitchen, our other downtown gem.
Waxhaw, North Carolina
“Awesome-you must go here while in Minneapolis!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

What a pleasant stop while walking around the city! We were greeted with a warm welcome and every question we had about the pastries was answered with a smile. They were so friendly! My daughter and I ordered donuts and our friends bought cupcakes. We inhaled them all! Try the lemon frosted donut-it was the best!!!

• Visited May 2013

Chandler, AZ
“Great stop while you're wandering the SkyWay”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I absolutely love finding bakeries and coffee shops to try for a quick breakfast snack or something to munch on while walking around a new city and I'm glad that I find Angel Food Bakery. Everything looked good but I had to narrow my selection down to the blueberry glazed donut and some sea salt double chocolate cookies to go. Neither disappointed and I wish that I had an opportunity to go back and try some of their other selections.

• Visited April 2013
“What a waste of time and money”
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a friendly staff with a well stocked bakery experience that is shown on the website. Don't come here. They had 5 choices of cupcake and each one we had wanted to try they didn't have. They are small and over priced. The staff was not friendly at all. Didn't feel welcomed at all. Highly disappointed that we drive 20 mins to visit this place. Sidenote they made a horrible chai tea. Taste like black licorice and that was it. Also- we had to pay 5 dollars for parking. If you have a choice to go anywhere else... Go.

• Visited April 2013
Minneapolis, MN
“Looks Better Than it Tastes”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Rather expensive. Very pretty things, but the overall taste of the cupcakes/frosting are not terrific. The cakes were a bit dry and the frosting tasted much like canned frosting.

Visited February 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Wish I lived here so I could get a cake!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My coworker loved the coffee - I wish I drank it so I could experience how good she said it was. I got a carrot cake scone (YUM!) and she got a pastry. The cakes looked delicious and definitely fun, one was rainbow colors on the inside and white on the outside. You can watch what they are making there which was neat. No seating.

Visited March 2013