“A little piece of heaven in downtown”

Angel Food Bakery & Coffee Bar
Ranked #2 of 115 Coffee & Tea in Minneapolis
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Discover Angel Food Bakery & Coffee Bar, a beautiful one-of-a-kind spot where you get to see bakers ice exquisite cupcakes, pull just-made breads out of the oven, and put the finishing touches on decadent donuts and other treats. Watch us in action 7 days a week in a street level spot just above Hell's Kitchen, our other downtown gem.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

If you want a show with your cup of java, here's the place to grab a seat. Watch the talented bakers make their delicious items. But don't buy all the chocolate chip cookies - I want one when I arrive! They are the best from anywhere!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We got our Cupcakes from the Angel Food Bakery for our wedding reception last weekend. All I have to say is WOW! We rented their cake stands to display our cupcakes, I must admit at first I was nervous that they didn't match, but it turned out to be ADORABLE! Katy has purchased these plates from all over the place, all different sizes and such, SUPER CUTE! They came and set up the cupcakes before I got to the venue, then they came in the morning to pick everything up which is super convenient! We had so many compliments about the cupcakes, we are more than happy with their service! I HIGHLY recommend using them for your wedding! GREAT pricing too!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I had read about Angel Food Bakery and finally visited this morning. I had already had coffee, so I didn't order any drinks, but the bakery case is a feast for the eyes! I bought a loaf of sourdough bread ($4.25)which is delicious, and some chocolate chip cookies ($1 each). The cookies tasted like they were left over from yesterday. My mistake for not asking if they were fresh baked today. Angel Food has some treats that you won't find at run-of-the-mill bakeries, like toasted sausage bread and bacon-adorned pastries. I will go back to try some of their other offerings.

1  Thank MNdawnygirl
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Yummy cupcakes!!! ( Dare I say even better than the famous cupcake place in Georgetown?)...We tried 4 different cupcakes - Strawberry Shortcake, Hot Fudge Sundae, Strawberry Lemon, and Oreo. All were very moist and VERY tasty! The BEST was the Strawberry Lemon!!!

Reviewed August 5, 2012

A must try... Pastries are excellent! It is in the same area of Hellds Kitchen. Service was great too!

1  Thank summer7708