“Ahh, a night of luxury”

Loews Minneapolis Hotel
Ranked #4 of 52 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 26, 2009

This is our second time staying at the Graves. I called about a month in advance to book a specific room. I wanted to stay in the same room we stayed in the previous year which happened to be our wedding night.

Upon arrival we were greeted by the bell hops. They took our vehicle and were friendly. We were a couple hours early for check in. The front desk(female) was very nice and told me that our room was ready. It was exactly the same room that I asked for.

The room was clean and pristine. The bathrooms with the body showers are amazing. Bar none the most comfortable beds in the hotel industry. You get swallowed up by the comfort. Don't forget the views of downtown as well, Wow!!

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is going to spend a night in downtown Minneapolis.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bluelineMinnesota

Reviewed December 17, 2009

This hotel was designed for the hip, super-trendy traveler who wants to feel cool when they tell everyone where they stayed in Minneapolis. It's ultra-modern in design, with a weird check-in system that puts the front desk on the fourth floor and all of the rooms in an entirely separate elevator bank, which you access through the restaurant.

The food here is always good. For dieting travelers, the "healthy breakfast" can't be beat. They have nice, cozy bathrobes, good amenities, and a TV in the bathroom for those who are into that sort of thing.

The things that bug me are:

1) The loudness of the doors. No matter how quietly you try to close the door, it slams. I bring earplugs whenever I stay here.
2) The sub-par "gym". It's essentially an empty hotel room with 6 cardio machines and some weights.

If you can handle the decor and you like to be part of a scene, it's a fine place to stay. If you're looking for a hotel for your parents/grandparents, try The Grand.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank NoSpacesAllowed
Reviewed December 11, 2009

My boyfriend surprised me with a 4 day weekend at this beautiful hotel. All of the restaurants the front desk suggested were great. Found some of our own little treasures. We had a corner room which had incredible views. Their bars were so much fun that we started our evenings there. We spent alot of time enjoying this hotel and will be back again. Enjoyed seeing Terrence Howard among others that weekend;-) Thank you Graves!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 5, 2009

This hotel is completely over rated, overpriced, and a tad ridiculous! It reminds me of what a 16 year old girl's rendition of what a "cool" hotel would be. The rooms were oddly decorated (bright pink on the walls...pepto bismol) and strange wall art. The front desk staff was rude. The rooms don't even have a coffee maker! When I questioned the staff about this, I was brusquely informed of a Starbucks located just off the lobby. No coffeemaker in the room, but thank goodness, there IS a scale...It is often a challenge to find a place to weigh myself when I am on a trip, so this was a blessing. NOT! Also...we were on the 10th floor...it is a total pain to take the elevator up to the 4th floor bar area just to walk around to a second elevator. I felt like I had to sign my life away at check in. It was almost as if they expected that we were going to trash the place! Loud and weird music piped throughout the hotel. Also, parking fees were ridiculous. Never again will I stay here. There are much classier hotels with better amenities downtown.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 15, 2009

We enjoyed our stay at the Graves 601 very much. The hotel is well situated. We were able to walk to dinner at Sapor (worth a try), and to breakfast at Hells Kitchen (a must). Driving to the Guthrie and the Walker was quite easy. The rooms are great. Wonderful bedding. No bathtub in the bathrooms, but very nicely done. I recommend you pay the additional price for the higher rooms. Great views, and very quiet. Though my parents stayed on the 6th floor, in a corner room, and had no complaint. There's a Starbucks connected to the hotel, so you can get good coffee. They'll deliver the NYTimes to the room. Reasonable fitness facility, though no bikes, just elliptical trainers, treadmills, and weights.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2009

got a great online deal. loved the plush bedding and the modern design. Top notch staff from the door man that remembered us from our arrival 7 hours earlier to the turndown/ice service, the awesome smelling Hermes soap to the luxurious spa experience. Well worth the money we paid to enjoy a little slice of luxury for a night.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2009

This hotel offers great service with friendly staff, stylish decor and is a very good location for events taking place in downtown Minneapolis. The restaurants within the hotel are fantastic as well. My daughters and I attended a production at a local theater which was within walking distance as was shopping and many restaurants. Wonderful trip!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family