“Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

It's as good as all the other reviewers say it is, plus for those arrving from Europe as I do, the Starbucks across the hall opens at 5am and you can get there without going outside, particularly important during the Minnesota winter!

Room Tip: I like the dual aspect corner rooms, they are the lowest and highest numbers on each floor
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Patrick C, Other at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
After a long flight like that, a good coffee is a necessity! We're thrilled that you felt at home with us, Simon. Thanks for the kind words, and keep us in mind for your next visit to Minneapolis!

Best,
Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

I have stayed at a lot of hotels in a lot of different cities - from Motel 6 to five-star boutiques - and Graves 601 rates at the top for the very friendly customer service and bang for your buck.

My husband and I didn't have enough PTO or extra cash to take a honeymoon, so we stayed at Graves 601 the day after we got married. When I told the folks at the front desk that this was our honeymoon, such as it were, they looked for a room upgrade and hooked us up with an executive suite for free. We thought that our original room was a good deal (I want to say that we paid about $160 on Priceline?), but that knocked it out of the ballpark.

Everything about this hotel - from the lobby to the hallways to the executive suite itself - was gorgeous. I would say that I felt like I didn't belong (I'm pretty sure I wore a hockey jersey when we checked in), but everyone was so friendly that I didn't even notice. The room was sleek and modern, the bed was to die for, and the views were incredible.

The real reason for the five stars, though? Customer service. Concierge told us that they were testing the water when we checked in and the water came out of the faucet a yellow-brown for a few solid hours. That made for very unpleasant use of the whirlpool and showers. I (very nicely) complained about this a few days later. The response? A free executive corner king room at a date of our choosing.

My father was a management and human resources professor for many years, and we kids grew up lecturing our friends about why customer service is one of the most important parts of management (yeah, we weren't very popular...). This hotel is a great example of what happens when you can turn a negative experience around a save not only the customer's opinion of your business, but also the business reputation as a whole. I am returning to Graves 601 fully confident that my husband and I will enjoy our stay, and I feel like I can recommend this hotel to friends and family without reservation.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Patrick C, Other at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Wow, Veronica! We're flattered! On behalf of our entire team, thank you so much for making us a part of your honeymoon. It's so great to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay, and we'd love to have you back again soon. Until then, thanks again, and please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can do to make your visit even better!

All the best,
Management
Travelers also viewed these Minneapolis hotels
Kimpton Grand Hotel Minneapolis
The Westin Minneapolis
The Westin Minneapolis
#22 of 49 in Minneapolis
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,071 reviews

Been to Loews Minneapolis Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Loews Minneapolis Hotel

Property: Loews Minneapolis Hotel
Address: 601 1st Ave N, Minneapolis, MN 55403-1409 (Formerly Graves 601 Hotel Wyndham Grand)
Location: United States > Minnesota > Minneapolis > Warehouse District
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Wheelchair access
#1 Family Hotel in Minneapolis
#2 Spa Hotel in Minneapolis
#2 Luxury Hotel in Minneapolis
#2 Green Hotel in Minneapolis
#6 Romantic Hotel in Minneapolis
#12 Business Hotel in Minneapolis
Hotel Class:4.5 star — Loews Minneapolis Hotel 4.5*
A 22-story high hotel with a history of excellence, Loews Minneapolis Hotel is located at the confluence of business, theatre, and entertainment districts. We are connected by Skyway to the entire shopping and business district.Our rooms are equipped with high tech-high fashion design with plasma TVs, hand crafted headboards, rain showers in bath - Opposite Target Center. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Priceline, Booking.com, HotelsforEveryone and Jetsetter so you can book your Loews Minneapolis Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Graves 601 Minneapolis Hotel Minneapolis