Loews Minneapolis Hotel
Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$110
Millennium Minneapolis(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$114
$89
$161
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Regency Minneapolis(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$115
$109
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Northstar(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$102
  • Restaurant
The Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$152
Snelling Motel(Minneapolis)
$90
Good 3.5/5
1,786 results
All reviewstarget centervip managercosmos restaurantgraves hotelfourth floortwins stadiumcorner roommodern decorroom servicevalet parkingmini barbeautiful hotelheart of downtownbars and restaurantstwin citiesvalet servicebusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 20, 2008

I wrote a very positive review of this hotel after a stay in Oct, and I just got back from another wonderful stay at the Graves! I spent 4 nights at the hotel, and was very impressed with their cleanliness, service, and comfort. This is a romantic hotel with super-comfy rooms, fantastic food and drinks in the bar/restaurant and room service, wonderful touches like hermes soaps and organic linens, and very fine service. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a luxurious, yet unpretentious, hotel in Minneapolis!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed June 19, 2008

The Graves 601 was an ideal hotel for a short stay in Minneapolis. The rooms, lobby, and other areas were beautiful. The Graves 601 has a trendy and posh ambiance, but the staff demonstrated a level of friendliness, care, and customer service not commonly seen in such hotels.
The hotel is ideally located a block away from the light rail transport, which takes you directly to the airport or the mall of the america. there are also plenty of shops and restaurants within the immediate area (located downtown). If you are interested in some great nightlife, the location is also great. However, I did not feel 100% safe walking around some streets in the area, even during the day time.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 18, 2008

Don't be thrown by the Hard Rock Cafe next door. There's nothing kitschy or chain-y about Graves 601. It's so hip, so cool, so minimalist-chic, that you'd expect it to have the attitude to go along with all that. But, instead you get friendly, helpful staff ... Frette linens on a bed that feels like an overstuffed cloud ... Hermes soap ... and some fabulous-smelling shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and lotion. Two flat-screen TVs (one XL one in the room and one in BATHROOM!) are a nice touch. The great location (2 blocks from a lightrail stop and near great shopping and fine dining) is yet another reason to stay here. The fact that it's actually affordable (especially with a AAA discount) makes this a top choice.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank Have_fun_will_travel
Reviewed May 4, 2008

Pros:

upon arrival I was upgraded to an executive suite over the superior that I was booked for, but I do not know exactly what the difference was anyway.

very modern contemporary

very comfortable beds

contemporary bathroom with a tv and massage showers

good location downtown with a starbucks next door, plenty of eating choices, some shopping, a lot of nightlife , and is directly across from the Target Center.

The view from the 16th floor at night was very nice - we were looking at the top of the Target center rather than at it like others in lower levels and we didn't experience any noise issues from outside because we were so high up.

Loved the DVD player and flat screen tv.

Cons:

Both times I was at the registration desk, I waited for the one person there to get off a personal phone call.

There is no information about the hotel itself, or the spa, or restaurants - absolutely nothing - in the room. Just phone books.

There is no information about charges you may incur from using items - like the $1.00 charge on my bill for local calls made - I would have used my cell phone had I been aware that I would be charged for LOCAL calls made.

There was not a hairdryer to be found - I don't appreciate having to take the time to call the desk for one, wait for it and then answer the door in my bathrobe, before being able to do my hair.

The doors were paper thin, I was continually woken by others in the hallway - doors closing, carts going by. Otherwise I never heard the people in either room beside me, but I don't know that there were others there.

The signage inside the hotel and parking garage is non-existant, you are left guessing quite a bit.

Overall:

It was great and I would stay again at the right price. It is truly not a 5 star hotel though, but a good 4 star.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Smartymarmy
GravesManagement, Management at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2008

We appreciate all guest feedback and take all comments seriously. We use the feedback as a learning tool to enhance guests’ satisfaction. At the graves|601 hotel we have two main types of Guest Rooms, Superior and Executive Rooms. The Superior Rooms are on floors 6-12 and feature a large overhead Rain Shower. The Executive Rooms are on floors 14-20 and feature a Power Shower which is a wall mounted shower with 6 different shower heads and four of the shower heads are massaging. In all of our rooms there is an In-Room Directory which has information pertaining to the Hotel services available, Hotel information, and applicable charges that may be applied for telephone usage and internet. The Spa menu and Cosmos Restaurant information is on the desk in each of our Guest Rooms. In the Guest Room closet is where you will find the hairdryer, iron, ironing board, bathrobe, extra blankets, laundry bags, and the in-room safe.

Reviewed March 1, 2008

My wife and I are seasoned travelers and know the difference between a hotel that delivers a first class experience and one with the pretense to. Graves 601 fails to deliver on the most basic of hotel experience, the guest rooms and guest relations.

The hotel common areas are quite nice, the hotel staff is friendly.

We paid extra for the “executive floors”. We checked into our hotel room and it was surprising in a bad way. What in a hotel is more basic than a clean, well appointed room? The list of deficiencies is very long but includes; extensive marking on the walls (black marks, scrape marks, etc.); extensive marking on the woodwork; wood paneling coming off the wall, the wood writing desk askew at about a 10% angle, a tear in the settee, film of dirt on the faux-leather seat, mixed-match wall paint and painted un-sanded plaster; the window shade coming apart, and probably most disturbing a rather dingy-grey condition of the pillows and comforter under their outer casings (discomforting to say the least).

I called the hotel manager. He came and looked at the room with the maintenance manager. They acknowledged all of the items I pointed out but tried to tell me that the last hotel guest probably had caused all the damage (I don’t think so unless they stayed there for about a year.) He even sat on the writing desk to show me why the desk might have gotten to be at that skewed angle.

Management now says that they offered to move me- they say that they wrote that in their notes- I can tell you that they didn’t. They offered to fix the deficiencies the next day but I was stuck in the room sick with flu- what a disaster.

When I reserve a hotel that promotes a first class experience, I absolutely do not expect to go in and have to point out deficiencies in my room. That is their job, not mine. I do not expect to have to fight for another room or have to negotiate compensation in the form of a reduction in rate because the hotel has failed to provide the level of service that was expected and promised- that is what a manager does, that is the essence of hospitality.

A couple of other things that irked me about the property; I was not informed that parking was $30 per night (seems more like Chicago or San Francisco than Minneapolis) and that web access was $14 per day (these days what hotels don’t offer this for free.)

Kirk E.
San Francisco

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank KirkSanFrancisco
GravesManagement, Management at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2008

Thank you for your comments. The moment that this issue was brought to the Hotel Management’s attention the maintenance staff was sent up to the room. Our maintenance staff offered to resolve the issues; however the guest declined their offer. The Hotel Management further offered to move the guest to a different room and the guest declined this offer as well. The hotel has a Preventive Maintenance Program in place that covers the Public Spaces of the hotel and the Hotel Guest rooms to be inspected on a regular basis. We apologize for any inconvenience the guest may have experienced during their stay.