“The service is always excellent. The amenities outside of...” 4 of 5 stars

Loews Minneapolis Hotel
Ranked #4 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Savage
“The service is always excellent. The amenities outside of...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

The service is always excellent. The amenities outside of the rooms are excellent; workout area for example. The rooms are looking warn. Laminate is falling off furniture. Makes the room seem over pricedThe esppresso machines are an exercize in futulity and frustration. Instructions are missing afew steps and the one in 2008 does not work. We still enjoy the hotel but it is feeling it's age.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Location
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Patrick C, Other at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
We're delighted that our team has always made you feel at home, John! However, we wish that your room had left you with a better impression. We'll keep your comments in mind for our future upgrades, so thanks for your candor. That said, we know we have what it takes to show you a five-star visit, and we hope to do just that very soon!

Regards,
Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Neenah, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I simply cannot find more great things to say about this hotel. I was planning a nice weekend for my fiancee and I in Minneapolis, and wanted to make sure that I got a nice hotel with a good location. It was quite cold when we went, and the connection to the skywalk made a HUGE difference for us. I skipped the valet parking and opted to find a garage a few blocks away instead and park there. It was also connected to the skywalk, but I managed to get lost up there, but that was my own fault.

I had requested a room as high as we could get for the same rate (a king size room) to avoid noise and get a better view. They accommodated us wonderfully, and got us on the highest floor they could without being in the penthouse. We got a gorgeous view of downtown from our room, and I was immediately awed when I entered the room. It was very large, very clean, and perfect for our weekend getaway. The bed was comfortable, towels were fresh, and the bathroom included a television, which I found quite funny. I did use it just so that I could say I did.

This has got to be one of the nicest hotels that I have ever stayed in. It is close to attractions in the area, attached to the skywalk, and also right next door to the Hard Rock, which I visited on my first evening in Minneapolis. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay downtown.

Room Tip: Request a room on a higher floor for a great view and next to no noise
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Eddie D
Patrick C, Other at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
We're honored you chose to stay with us Eddie, — congratulations on the engagement! It was our pleasure to provide you and your fiance with not only impressive accommodations, but a convenient location for easy travel while in Minneapolis. Glad to hear that the bed and towels were to your liking (and you got to take advantage of that bathroom television!). We appreciate all the kind words, and we hope you'll keep us in mind the next time you visit!

Cheers,
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Hotel is incredibly well presented and clean. The room was enourmous (for a business traveller) with two huge double beds in it, and a view over target field. Location is great, plenty of bars and restaurants around, which is good as the bar in the hotel is very expensive.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
It was a pleasure to welcome you to Minneapolis, Greg! Thanks for making us a part of your trip, and for the wonderful review. We'd love to welcome you back next time you're in town!

Cheers,