I recently returned to Minneapolis after being absent for 10 years to visit friends and check out the new ballpark. The Graves was rated the best hotel in Minneapolis and it did not disappoint. The location (for a baseball fan) is great - you are a block from the stadium and the best pre/post-game pub is basically at your doorstep. A starbucks "in the lobby" is wonderfully convenient and the location near First Ave., the light rail (Nicollet/9th or the stadium) and so many great bars/restaurants makes the Graves a very desirable local.
Clean room, wood floors, amazing shower, big bathroom, turn down service, great view (request a view of the stadium), two upscale bar/restaurans, very friendly staff, great bed/pillows
The bad: there were a surprising number of loud/drunk/obnoxious guests on our floor that made a ton of noise throughout the night. Taking two elevators to get from the lobby to the room is weird... taking three (or more!) elevators to get to your car is ridiculous. Parking is expensive for valet - if you park yourself in block E it can be very expensive and confusing (over night rates/event rates/ etc.). Cosmos seems overpriced and the bartenders weren't interesting... Bradstreet seems quite inexpensive and the bartenders were quite entertaining.
Overall I was very pleased with this hotel. If you park yourself in the block e lot, beware of event parking rates. I pulled my car in about 2 hours before a game started, then left maybe three hours later and got tagged with a $15 parking fee when it should have been $8. On the contrary, parking the car at night around game time seems to yield you a $15 fee even when you park overnight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 22-story high hotel with a history of excellence, Loews Minneapolis Hotel is located at the confluence of business, theatre, and entertainment districts. We are connected by Skyway to the entire shopping and business district.Our rooms are equipped with high tech-high fashion design with plasma TVs, hand crafted headboards, rain showers in bath - Opposite Target Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Loews Minneapolis Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Graves 601 Minneapolis Hotel Minneapolis
- Graves 601 Hotel Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Graves 601 Hotel