“What a great night!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Nashville, Tennessee
“What a great night!”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I absolutely love this hotel. You feel like a star the minute you walk in. The hotel is beautiful and sexy. Our room was lovely overlooking the city. I love the bar, I think it was called Bradstreet. Had a few drinks and people watched. The only con was that the shower pressure could have been better. It was hard to get the shampoo out and I usually love how hotels have the best water pressure.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Patrick C, Other at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you, Virgina, for the wonderful review. We're so happy to hear how much you and your husband have enjoyed it here, from the bar to the beautiful view. Next time you're hoping for a romantic night on the town, we'd love for you to stop by!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed for my birthday for a long weekend while I was up from Vail at the recommendation of my friend who had stayed a few times before and had good experiences. As I work in a luxury boutique hotel, I have high but reasonable standards, and I felt that for the most part The Graves fell short.

First of all they didn't have a spa, which was a major disappointment. I was told they are working on building one now, which will serve them well in the future. The rooms were modern and comfortable, although perhaps a bit bright for my taste. The 5-head shower had no water pressure and the sinks clogged pretty quickly, but other than that the bathrooms were nice and clean.

Both Cosmos and Bradstreet I thought were fun places to hang out with my friends and the cocktails were creative and good. No ice machines on the floors was an annoyance as we called pretty regularly for ice and I felt like I was becoming a nuisance.

I wouldn't say the staff was unfriendly, but I think there is room for improvement regarding customer service in general. One strange incident I had was riding in the elevator with some type of manager I would assume, and not being greeted or even acknowledged as he was looking at his iPhone the whole time. It was very awkward and I thought quite rude.

The location can't be beat and I think with some minor improvements this could be a much better hotel.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the side of the hotel that faces downtown; the other side looks right out on top of t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Patrick C, Other at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Marisha, thanks for the feedback. We're always looking for good ideas and aiming to improve — we're shooting to get U.S. News & World Report's "Best Hotel in Minnesota" two years in a row. In fact, the inspiration for the spa we're working on now came from customer responses just like yours. We care, we listen, and we put these reviews into action. So again, we appreciate the comments. We'll make sure our whole team sees them so that we can ensure we're living up to the high standards we set for ourselves.
Travelers also viewed these Minneapolis hotels
Kimpton Grand Hotel Minneapolis
Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown
W Minneapolis - The Foshay
W Minneapolis - The Foshay
#11 of 49 in Minneapolis
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis/Downtown
Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis Downtown
Hotel Ivy, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Minneapolis

Been to Loews Minneapolis Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Loews Minneapolis Hotel

Property: Loews Minneapolis Hotel
Address: 601 1st Ave N, Minneapolis, MN 55403-1409
Location: United States > Minnesota > Minneapolis > Warehouse District
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Wheelchair access
#1 Family Hotel in Minneapolis
#2 Luxury Hotel in Minneapolis
#2 Spa Hotel in Minneapolis
#2 Green Hotel in Minneapolis
#6 Romantic Hotel in Minneapolis
#12 Business Hotel in Minneapolis
Hotel Class:4.5 star — Loews Minneapolis Hotel 4.5*
A 22-story high hotel with a history of excellence, Loews Minneapolis Hotel is located at the confluence of business, theatre, and entertainment districts. We are connected by Skyway to the entire shopping and business district.Our rooms are equipped with high tech-high fashion design with plasma TVs, hand crafted headboards, rain showers in bath - Opposite Target Center. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Loews Minneapolis Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Graves 601 Minneapolis Hotel Minneapolis