“A Little Disappointing”

Loews Minneapolis Hotel
Ranked #4 of 52 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed on a Sunday and after reading the reviews I thought it would be an exciting place to be, but it was very quiet. Although the hotel was nice, the room seemed very stark in it's design. There was no carpeting in the room which made me wish I had my slippers. Another problem was that there was no ice machine. If you needed ice, you needed to call for room service. Because we were on a tight budget, we went without until we had a knock at the door. Staff apparently come around once a night offering ice. That was a pleasent surprise. I was happy to hear that they had a CD player. As far as I am concerned this should be a staple in hotel rooms. The problem was that you had to get down on the cold floor to operate the player. This was also true for the coffee maker. ..which by the way comes with one cup of complimentary expresso. If you want more you need to buy it from the stocked fridge. The beds were very comfy and the shower was fun. It sprays you from the top and the side, getting you nice and clean. Although this was a decent hotel, the next time I am in town, I will look around and stay somewhere else. I suspect that if you stay on the week end or when there is an event at the Target center, the vibe will be much more upbeat. The bar was nice but at $15 a drink...it better be.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Patrick C, Management at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Sunandjo,

We appreciate your providing us feedback about your experience, though we are disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your visit a little more. It sounds to us like you appreciated a number of our amenities, from the CD player & espresso in your rooms to the nightly door-to-door ice service, but were wanting a little more action in the evenings. We fully understand that desire -- which is why we always direct our visitors looking for a great cocktail to Bradstreet Craftshouse or Cosmos or to the many events that are usually happening in downtown Minneapolis. Next time you come to the city, there will hopefully be more going on—and there's no better place to be a part of the action than right here!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 4, 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KASEY S
Patrick C, Other at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Reviewed January 3, 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
BISMARCK
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My wife ordered your salmon bagel and was pretty disappointed by it. Perhaps the description is a bit misleading as to what to expect. On the other hand, she left her earring in the hotel room. We called a few hours after leaving and asked after it. Our call was returned some time later. We had no expectation of seeing the earring again. However, your staff and gone up to the room and located it! I gave her these earrings when she gave me my first son so they have great value to her. Thank you for your diligence and honesty.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Patrick C, Management at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

It was our pleasure to return your wife's earring! We're thrilled that your precious gift is back in good hands. However, we're sorry that your wife was disappointed with our salmon bagel. I will definitely relay your feedback to our food & beverage team. Thank you for your candor, and for taking the time to sing our praises. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Best,

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I really love this hotel. It's modern and kept up very nicely. I had great food there as I ordered breakfast each day and one time the hot cookies/milk at night. The rooms are modern and very comfortable. The TV is large and I love sitting in the little sitting area or at the desk. The bathroom even has a TV and a very high tech shower that I was not quite sure how to use. I have stayed here several times for work and I hope it is where we stay in a couple of weeks. I also love that Starbucks is attached to the side of the hotel in case it's cold and you need caffeine. Overall, wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Patrick C, Management at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

It's always nice to be close to a caffeine source! Between that, our beautiful rooms and luxurious showers, we're thrilled that you've made us your Minneapolis headquarters. Thank you! We can't wait to welcome you back.

Cheers,

Reviewed December 31, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed here to celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary. We got a good deal on the room through Hotwire. When we were checking in we mentioned our anniversary and they gave us a free upgrade to a king-sized bed room on the 20th floor- the view was spectacular. Graves 601 is within walking distance of many restaurants and bars and is connected to the skyway system- which was fantastic for the 1.5 block walk we had to our dinner reservation. We were very pleased with our room and the cleanliness of it. We enjoyed our stay and will probably be back again in the future.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thanks for joining us for your anniversary celebration! It was our pleasure to help you make the most of this special occasion. We hope you'll keep us in mind for your 8th! Congratulations. :)

Best,