A pleasant hotel on a busy street in down town Minneapolis with a Starbucks and an Irish bar next door. Concierges were always on hand to open doors and help with luggage. Check in was quick with the obligatory credit card stored for extras. My room was on the sixth floor, this entailed taking the elevator to the fourth floor then going round the corner and taking the guest elevators to the sixth. The corridor walls and floors were all finished in dark, polished parquet wood with low lighting. This gave a rather dark and oppressive feel at first but you soon got used to it. By contrast the rooms were light and airy. Nothing unusual but clean, comfortable and contemporary. The large double bed had good quality white linen, additional seating in the form of a chaise and armchair, wardrobe with mini bar, dressing table and large flat screen, wall mounted TV and a variety of lighting options. The room had air con but I found this a bit disturbing when it started up in the night and woke me , so I turned it off, There was also a background hum, which kept me awake, combined with jet lag it doesn't take much! A closet had an iron and board, hair dryer, bath robes, electronic safe and extra hanging space. The bathroom was large with toiletries replenished daily, plenty of towels, and large walk-in shower. A small TV faced the toilet, but as there was no bath this seemed a bit unnecessary. The bed was turned down in the evening, curtains drawn, standard lamp lit and mini bar table with fresh ice opened out into the room. The bathroom looked like it had been tidied as well with dirty towels removed and the basin cleaned. It was a nice touch and made the room feel welcoming when you returned. I did not use the bar or restaurant so cannot comment on these. The purpose of my visit was business but I would stay here as a holiday guest if I visited the city for a holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 22-story high hotel with a history of excellence, Loews Minneapolis Hotel is located at the confluence of business, theatre, and entertainment districts. We are connected by Skyway to the entire shopping and business district.Our rooms are equipped with high tech-high fashion design with plasma TVs, hand crafted headboards, rain showers in bath - Opposite Target Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Loews Minneapolis Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Graves 601 Minneapolis Hotel Minneapolis
- Graves 601 Hotel Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Graves 601 Hotel