My husband and I booked one night at this hotel because we live in the Twin Cities, but wanted to have a fun 24 hour "date" where we could spend time downtown Mpls, attend a Twins game and enjoy some Saturday nightlife, without having to drive anywhere. The location of Graves 601 is fantastic! We spent the afternoon at Kieran's Pub, walked literally across the street to Target Field to see the Twins play, and then afterwards, walked around the building to enjoy some fun at Shout Dueling Piano Bar. We could easily walk to all of these attractions, and felt quite safe in doing so. We liked the lobby area and remarked that Graves felt like it was trying to be The Hotel at Mandalay Bay with it's modern and sheik decor. However, there are things that made it feel not quite on par with other upscale hotels that we have stayed at. For one, the service was just okay--Not horrible, but nothing outstanding. The best service we received was actually on the 4th floor bar area by Cosmos. It was fun to sit there, have a drink and dessert and watch the Olympics. Fun atmosphere and the bar is cool. The room we had on the 9th floor was okay. Very modern, but was missing some pizzazz. Maybe it was the cheap plastic hangers in the closet (all five of them), or the very simplistic decor--it just felt like it was missing something. The bed, however, was VERY comfortable. The shower was okay, but after staying at a place like The Hotel at Mandalay Bay with their waterfall showers, this paled in comparison. They put us on a floor with a bachelorette party (and we were celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary), but it was surprisingly quiet inside the room. We could hear hallway chatter in bursts, but once tucked in our room for the night, it was very quiet. In the morning, we had room service bring up breakfast, and it was delicious. Finally, we called down for our car from the valet, but unfortunately, that message was never relayed to the actual valet attendents. This is what I mean about the service--just not knocking it out of the balllpark. However, i will say that one very astute valet attendent noticed us standing there waiting, and he jumped into action and realized that he never got the message to retrieve our car from the front desk. He quickly corrected the issue, which was much appreciated. Overall, we will probably only stay there again when we want to do a similar overnight outing and be located right by Target Center or Target Field. Downtown Mpls prices are higher, especially on the weekend, but I would recommend that Graves pick up the pace on their level of service to justify their higher prices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 22-story high hotel with a history of excellence, Loews Minneapolis Hotel is located at the confluence of business, theatre, and entertainment districts. We are connected by Skyway to the entire shopping and business district.Our rooms are equipped with high tech-high fashion design with plasma TVs, hand crafted headboards, rain showers in bath - Opposite Target Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and HotelQuickly so you can book your Loews Minneapolis Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Graves 601 Minneapolis Hotel Minneapolis
- Graves 601 Hotel Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Graves 601 Hotel