“Good choice in Minneapolis, expensive internet”

Loews Minneapolis Hotel
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 20, 2012

The graves hotel is somewhere between a business hotel and a high-end boutique hotel. The decor is modern, but I wouldn't describe it as very opulent.

The location is good, near a mall/target centre.

There is a trendy bar on the 4th floor which gets quite busy on some nights and has a bit of the W Hotel feel to it.

I ordered the tuna tartare on during my last stay and it was pretty good, so I think the room service food there is good enough when required.

One plus here is that I found there to be low-noise from the corridors/other rooms, which for my needs is important in a hotel. Also I was not disturbed by housekeeping people in the morning or anything like that.

The main negative in day to day use is that the internet charge for 24 hours is $19.95 which is totally extortionate. Free internet in hotels is such a nice sweetener for guests, and this would really make a difference for many I believe.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank foiegras99
Patrick C, Management at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Sounds like you had a fabulous stay! You really can't beat our location, or our 4th floor bar. You made an excellent choice — the tuna tartare is one of my personal favorites as well. I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our WiFi fees. We are looking to improve this in the future, so thanks for pointing this out. Thanks for the kind words. We hope to see you next time you're in Minneapolis!

Best,

There are newer reviews for Loews Minneapolis Hotel

Reviewed July 15, 2012

This motel was right downtown Minneapolis close like3blocks ftom target field and various shoppibg looking forward to another stay great rooms

• Stayed: July 2012
Patrick C, Gravesl601 Management at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Thanks for staying with! We hope to see you back again soon.

Best,

Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed here for one night and had a great experience. From the moment we pulled up we were met with welcoming greetings and help with our luggage. The lobby is unique, modern and posh not to mention clean. The guy who checked us in was very nice and helpful. He asked us if we needed any dinner recommendations and he gave us a few options, one of which we accepted and loved it. We went to our room and my one minor complaint is the elevator situation. From the lobby you take one elevator and then switch elevators and walk past the lounge to get to the guest elevators. Not a deal breaker, I know it helps with safety and it's an older updated building. Our room was nice, clean. The bathroom even had a flat screen tv in it and the shower was nice. The bed and linens were soft and comfortable. My one suggestion is to offer one average size robe and one larger. My husband is 6'2 and it was humorously small on him. Overall, we loved our stay and will stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

I'm thrilled to hear that you all had such a pleasant stay! Thank you for sharing your story with fellow travelers. You left some fantastic information for them! Let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next stay even better. We hope to see you again soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed July 10, 2012

It's a very nice hotel in a pretty vibrant part of Minneapolis. Comfortable beds, nice decor, friendly staff - the usual things you'd expect from a good hotel. But what really impressed me was the customer service. I upgraded to the better shower (which is very worth it) and was a little disappointed to find that one of the shower heads was broken. Normally, this would not be a big deal, but I had paid extra specifically for the shower (the upgrade is only for the shower - everything else is the same) and so I told the front desk. The clerk apologized and said they'd have engineering look at it, which didn't help since we were leaving.

I filled out a survey they sent, giving them high marks for everything except the shower and the response, which still got decent-to-good marks. Within 2 days they shot me an email telling me they were refunding 50% of the cost of the room, which was well above and beyond what I'd ever expect (the upgrade costs something like 30 bucks). At most I'd have thought they'd comp me the upgrade, and wasn't even really expecting a full comp since 5 out of the 6 heads worked.

It's nice to see that in a business environment in which profit tends to be king, there are still some businesses out there that take customer service seriously. I'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: Take the $30 upgrade for the better shower.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Charles L

Charles,

We believe that fantastic customer service can transform a good stay into a luxurious one. I'm sorry that your shower heads were not fully functioning, but I'm thrilled that we could get this taken care of to your satisfaction. Thank you for sharing your story. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Spent the night here after attending a concert at Target Field. Perfect location for anyone going to a Twins game or any other event at Target Field. They were very accomodating in getting us checked in quite early. Very nice hotel. Very comfortable beds and a fantastic shower with full body jets. Beautiful setting. Nice bar. Rooms are quite expensive but can be worth it depending on why you are staying there.

Room Tip: We did call in at 10am and ask to talk to the front desk about checking in early. Also you must val...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Yes, we're in the ideal location to access all the fun that Minneapolis has to offer! It's great to hear how happy you were with both your room and our staff. I'll be sure to pass this on to them! Thanks for the kind words. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Nice hotel, clean, comfy bed and nice staff... Room was a little on the smaller side. Great location but major downfall is the parking... $18 for public parking with a short walk or $28 for extremely busy valet parking.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Thanks for staying with us! It sounds like you had a lovely time here in Minneapolis. I'm sorry that you were disappointed in our parking situation. We are in a bustling area, and as such, parking can be difficult. We certainly do what we can to take that hassle out of your hands! Thanks for the kind words. We hope to see you next time you're in town.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a Twins Game and I couldn't have choosen a more perfect hotel! As soon as we walked in, we were welcomed by a very nice gentleman. The front desk staff were very helpful and polite. I loved the modern look and feel of the hotel. Very clean! Perfect location near Target Field, great resturants and bars. This is my all time favorite hotel!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Mandy H
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Mandy,

Thanks for staying with us! You're right — we're in the perfect location to enjoy the game and a night on the town afterwards. Thank you for the wonderful review. We hope to see you next time you're in Minneapolis!