“First Class Service at this Hotel”

Loews Minneapolis Hotel
Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I stay in Minneapolis for business and find this hotel one of my favorites. Besides the comfortable room, I find they do little things to ensure your stay is pleasurable. From bringing ice to your room and turning down your beds, drawing your blinds, you know you are being pampered. I especially love that Starbucks is right across from the lobby. There are quite a few restaurants within walking distance too. I have always loved their breakfasts, whether it be through room service or their restaurant.

Room Tip: Although it is right next to the stadium, you couldn't hear the crowds when a game was playing...
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

We're proud to make you feel at home while you're here on business! Thank you so much for the kind words. They mean the world to us. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to make your stay that much better!

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Awesome hotel, conviently located downtown. Excellent service by staff - really top notch. Turn down service. :) wonderfully comfy room and bedding. Amazing bath with heavenly shower. May be my favorite hotel ever!

Room Tip: Corner rooms have an amazing view.
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

We're thrilled to be among your favorite hotels! You're right about our shower — it really is the perfect way to start your day here in Minneapolis. Thank you for the wonderful review. Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed at the Graves 601 the night after a Twins game. I was very impressed by the unique and absolutely stunning decor of the room we stayed in. In fact I have never seen any decor like this, with the glass behind the bed being an etched city view. The beds, pillows and linens were so comfortable and I slept great. We also had a perfect view of the Twins stadium, which was a big plus. We have decided this is our new place to stay when going to Twins games because we just loved the way we felt staying at this hotel. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that none of the service here really stood out for me, although it was satisfactory.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Glad we could give you such a comfortable night's sleep! We're in the perfect location to access all that Minneapolis has to offer. Thanks for the wonderful review. We hope to see you again soon!

Warm regards,

Reviewed June 23, 2012

When we arrived at about 5:00 p.m. we asked the front desk if we could get a portable crib sent to our room for our 1 year old baby, at 7:55 p.m. no crib so I called and asked again, at 8:25 I called again. By this time I had a cranky 1 year old. When it arrived after 8:30 the staff who delivered it was knocking on the wrong door so I looked in the hall and she just kind of pushed it at me and said nothing when I said "thanks" a bit knit picky on the reply but it's common manners to respond. The bathroom door lock was broken, call it a habbit but I lock a bathroom door when I go in, when I came out I didn't want the baby going in there so I closed it behind me. This locked the bathroom door. When I called room service we didn't see anyone for 50 minutes. I called back down to remind them of our bathroom door being broken, the little push buttom on the inside of the door was missing so you could press your finger into the inside and lock it but it wouldn't reset when you opened the bathroom door from the inside. We tried using a coin to open it ourselves but this didn't work. After the second call an engineer staff person came up and opened the door for us but did not fix the door so later that night when we closed the door it locked. My wife was embarrased so she didn't want me to call down about the bathroom again so we said forget it. The headboard of the bed was etched glass but behind the glass was a thick film of cotton dust lint and the occassional curly hair. The room on the 18th floor looked at the new Twins stadium, the Twins were in Cinncinatti but the lights from the park were turned on at 9:30 or so and it was like someone had pulled up to the window with their headlights on until after 11:30 I think. Not their fault but just something to be aware of during baseball season. I think it was the series of events and the fact that I thought I would have a suite that turned me off. I would probably say it was a 1.5 stars but I'll defer to lower rating because the memory is fresh. I've never wrote a review before and I believe this is a fair rating. I had high expectations and for the rate I expected much more than a jazzed up holiday inn with worse service.

Room Tip: Don't face the stadium, lights will blind you during baseball season.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jeff S
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Jeff,

I'm sorry to hear about this. We should have done more to ensure that your needs were met quickly, and I apologize. I will certainly discuss this with the team, as well as the conditions of your room. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I know that we are better than this, and I hope you'll afford us another opportunity to impress you in the future.

Best,

Reviewed June 18, 2012

We had a great stay at Graves 601. Went to a Twins game (2 blocks from Target Field) on Sat.Hotel was ultra clean and quiet. Valet parking was worth the $28 price. Staff we met were very helpful.Finally, got a great rate on hotel website( $138 + tax for a king). We will be back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Patrick C, Management at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Sounds like you all had a fabulous time! I'm thrilled that you were able to catch a Twins game — they're always a blast. It's great to hear how impressed you were with our staff. I'll be sure to share your kind words with them. I know they'll appreciate it! Thanks for the wonderful review. We hope to see you next time you're in town!

Reviewed June 16, 2012

GETTING THERE
Everything you need to know to get to Graves 601 is on their website.

PRICE
At $211 for a weeknight in the summer, Graves 601 was a good $100 less than other upscale Minneapolis properties.

THE NEIGHBORHOOD
Graves 601 rises above, and connects to, downtown's Block E (as in Eyesore). It's a tacky mess of a building -- faux balconies, neon, billboards: my 9-year-old nephew could have designed something more tasteful. There's a lot of riffraff milling about, and scalpers working the corner. This part of Minneapolis has really slid downhill in recent years.

SERVICE
The valet and front desk service was fine, but the friendliness forced. I don't really care to tell every Hakon, Olaf and Erik "what brings me to town."

COMMON AREAS
Nearly a decade old, the once trendy decor is becoming a tad outdated, but its manages to retain most of its original swank: the glossy wood, high ceilings and graceful floating sculpture are timeless.

SLEEPING ROOMS
The accommodations are where this hotel shines. They're contemporary without being sparse (I'm talking to you, Delano) or cheesy (I'm talking to you, W). What with the plush bed, spacious bathroom, lit makeup mirror, oversized full-length mirror, and tasteful lighting I was in my element.

OVERALL
For $200 I couldn't have done any better. I would be happy to return to Graves 601, but I doubt it will become my go-to stay when in the Twin Cities.

@EsmeTravels

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

We always like to read detailed, thoughtful reviews like yours. We're located in the heart of Minneapolis, and our prime location is perfect for tourists and locals alike. Our building really is gorgeous, and I'm glad that you found your room so well appointed.

We believe that friendliness is a big part of providing great service, and I can assure you that our staff is genuine in their efforts. I apologize if it felt forced, and I'll discuss this with them.

It sounds like you had a lovely stay, and we're proud to make you feel welcome here. I hope to see you again next time you're in town!

Reviewed June 16, 2012

Our upper level room had fun view of the Twins baseball park. Our room was very quiet given all the activity after games. No noise at all up stairs. Room was pleasant, modern and clean. I really miss the coffee maker when it's not there and it wasn't. The remedy is a Starbucks down stairs but I would love my first cup of coffee in the room to get me down stairs to get a latte. Any small concerns I had were taken care immediately by the staff. The Cosmo restaurant has a very, very kind and responsive staff and excellent hospitality. The location is a block away from The Metro Which goes to the Mall of America but it is a 45 minute Commute at best. The good news is that the Metro is great, safe and very clean. Minneapolis is a lovely place to visit and St Paul has a magnificent cathedral. Who knew?

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Minneapolis is definitely a hidden gem in the Midwest! I'm thrilled to hear that everyone made you feel welcome, and that you were so impressed with your room. Our coffee makers are available upon request. We should have made this more clear, and I apologize. Still, I'm glad that you had such a wonderful stay! Thanks for taking the time to review us. I hope to see you next time you're in town!